Peppers future with the Packers

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Looks like the old thread is gone so lets re-start it.

I don't want to invest too much into this one, because I figure if someone had a reason to delete the first one this one might not be around long either. I was just saying that if they fix the inside linebacker problem and kick Matthews back outside where he belongs, it might create some space for Peppers on the other side and help his production a bit. At his age, any little thing they can do to help him out a bit could add up.

His first 6 games 5.5 sacks
Next 7 games 1.5
Last 4 games 2 sacks 4 tackles

If you get the Peppers from the first few weeks pay the man. If you get the player the second half of the year he is not worth $10m. It's really that simple.

I'd agree 10 mill is too much for a guy who fades down the stretch. Big problem is there is nobody behind him who can produce the way he did even taking that into consideration. You'll hear about guys who "made some plays" or "might finally get it" or "looked improved" but seriously there isn't anyone you can point to and say "ya he can take over for Peppers"...

Lots of people think that Peyton Manning will retire after winning the Super Bowl.

I'd like to see Peppers go out that way with the Packers in 2017. Pay the man and reap the karma.

Back