Packers testing Jared Abbrederis' versatility

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
On Friday against the Browns, Jared Abbrederis was asked to line up all over the field.

home

Continue reading...

I thought Jared had a great game. It may not have been flashy, or included a TD, but I saw him being moved around in a similar role as to what they did early on, with Cobb. Find out what he can do in all phases of the game. It makes it easier to judge whether he stays or goes. I think he has every intention of remaining in Green Bay, as a Packer. Then again, is it possible the Packers are auditioning him to trade him for a pick next year?

The Packers have some solid receivers, and I think a few of them who are convinced they're staying, are on their way out. There are only two that I believe are locks. Nelson and Cobb.

I thought Jared had a great game. It may not have been flashy, or included a TD, but I saw him being moved around in a similar role as to what they did early on, with Cobb. Find out what he can do in all phases of the game. It makes it easier to judge whether he stays or goes. I think he has every intention of remaining in Green Bay, as a Packer. Then again, is it possible the Packers are auditioning him to trade him for a pick next year?

The Packers have some solid receivers, and I think a few of them who are convinced they're staying, are on their way out. There are only two that I believe are locks. Nelson and Cobb.

Nelson, Cobb, Montgomery, Adams, Davis are all locks.

Nelson and Cobb because they are proven starters

Adams and MOntgomery because they are recent high draft picks

Davis because he is this years draft pick

Davis and Abby were both 5th round picks so I don't know if he is a lock because of his draft status. Davis is fast but he looks smaller than Abby and Abby right now is a better route runner.

Davis and Abby were both 5th round picks so I don't know if he is a lock because of his draft status. Davis is fast but he looks smaller than Abby and Abby right now is a better route runner.
That's a half decent point to make. Thompson has shown a tendency to hang on to his draft choices for dear life, however, common sense tells us late round picks tend to have less a chance of making the final 53 man roster.
In my opinion it's Abbrederis that's on the bubble. Perhaps he's a practice squad candidate.....we'll see.

I understand the logic of some guys being locks. But I don't believe that's necessarily the case this year. I think they'd consider trading anyone other than Nelson and Cobb for respectable picks, to get down to the number they can keep.

As far as Adams and Montgomery, I don't see either one of them becoming an impact player. I have a hunch the Packers go with an extra WR on their roster, or at least try to stash someone like Davis on the practice squad. It's going to be interesting, seeing where it goes.

That's a half decent point to make. Thompson has shown a tendency to hang on to his draft choices for dear life, however, common sense tells us late round picks tend to have less a chance of making the final 53 man roster.
In my opinion it's Abbrederis that's on the bubble. Perhaps he's a practice squad candidate.....we'll see.

Abby is not eligible for the practice squad. He was on the active roster for 10 games last year.

Packers keep 6 Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Abbrederis, Davis.

Janis to IR

Back