Packers sign former Oak Creek High School safety Marwin Evans; release DL Josh Boyd

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have signed former Oak Creek High School and Utah State safety Marwin Evans to a rookie free agent contract, according to an NFL source.

Continue reading...

Evans, a college teammate of Packers third-round pick Kyler Fackrell, had taken part in Seattle Seahawks rookie camp on a tryout basis last weekend. The Seahawks did not sign him and the Packers quickly pounced on him, choosing to sign him to their 53-man roster rather than work him out first, according to an NFL source.

This may just be a misprint. But isn't it a 90 man roster right now? Interesting they signed him without a tryout.

Gotta be a misprint. I assume he was a targeted UDFA and maybe they would have signed him to an UDFA deal but he chose to try out with Seattle instead. Odd choice on his part if that's the case.

Unfortunate that Boyd could not recover from the injury. Things are a little thin on the DL.

This may just be a misprint. But isn't it a 90 man roster right now? Interesting they signed him without a tryout.

It was reported in a different article that Evans is the 89th man on the 90 man roster.

Gotta be a misprint. I assume he was a targeted UDFA and maybe they would have signed him to an UDFA deal but he chose to try out with Seattle instead. Odd choice on his part if that's the case.

Unfortunate that Boyd could not recover from the injury. Things are a little thin on the DL.

I suspect Ted and company feared Boyd might not recover (along with Raji gone and Pennell suspended) we drafted 2 DL this year.

I suspect Ted and company feared Boyd might not recover (along with Raji gone and Pennell suspended) we drafted 2 DL this year.

Also the Packers signed UDFA DT Brian Price who had 20 other NFL teams try to sign him after the draft. Cutting Boyd and with Pennell suspended 4 games could really help his chance of making the team.

Back