Packers Salary Cap Update: 2016 NFL Draft Pool projects to a $1.75 million net cap hit

Also next year Datone Jones as I can't see the Packers picking up the 5th year option on him.

If the numbers are correct, we could spend 5 million in free agency and still have eight million left over for the cap to carryover. I would think that would be enough to get Jared Cook and maybe Karlos Dansby done.

However I see it much more likely that Ted will use the money to extend one of Lang, Sitton, or Bak.

If the numbers are correct, we could spend 5 million in free agency and still have eight million left over for the cap to carryover. I would think that would be enough to get Jared Cook and maybe Karlos Dansby done.

However I see it much more likely that Ted will use the money to extend one of Lang, Sitton, or Bak.

Good to see ya post Griz ! thumbsup

Still have to sign your draft picks and any UDFA which TT takes between 6-10 a year. Factor in at least 1 vet resigning there isn't much to play with really.

Last edited:
Good to see ya post Griz ! thumbsup

Still have to sign your draft picks and any UDFA which TT takes between 6-10 a year. Factor in at least 1 vet resigning there isn't much to play with really.
Since only top 51 count vs cap there is room. In the $5m area. Now how its spent is another isdue

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...t-lacy-bakhtiari-and-rest-of-2017-free-agents

Packers’ 2017 free agents:
Offense
David Bakhtiari, T
Eddie Lacy, RB
T.J. Lang, G
Josh Sitton, G
JC Tretter, G/T

Defense
Sam Barrington, LB
Josh Boyd, DE
Micah Hyde, DB
Nate Palmer, LB
Julius Peppers, OLB
Nick Perry, OLB
*Chris Banjo, S
*Jayrone Elliott, OLB
*Mike Pennel, DT

Special teams
Tim Masthay, P
*Restricted free agent

Next year will be more interesting in regarding our free agents than anything this year has to offer.

Peppers will probably retire after we win Super Bowl 51. Use that money to re-sign some of the OL.

Peppers will probably retire after we win Super Bowl 51. Use that money to re-sign some of the OL.
Peppers coming off the books helps a lot but we really are pretty close up against the cap as is and will have quite a bit going out just to resign 3/5 of those players assuming we bounce back on offense. It's a lot tighter than people think. You over reach one time and your hinder is in a bind fast.

Since only top 51 count vs cap there is room. In the $5m area. Now how its spent is another isdue
Still need wiggle room during the season in case injuries force your hand to get some vets ..trade etc.

Back