Packers Hire New DC

Just looked at all his tweets, no where has he said that ? His last tweet was Thursday, also sources= his agent
I think Tom wrote it in an article on packers news under paywall

Here is it is but the CHTV guy didn't say everything really

Green Bay Packers defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery is expected to interview with the New England Patriots on Saturday, according to sources.

All coaches on the Packers defense have been given permission to apply for other jobs after the team hired Jeff Hafley as its new defensive coordinator Wednesday.

It doesn’t mean Montgomery won’t still return to the Packers – he has spurned other jobs in the past to stay with the team – but it’s clear he has some interest in being part of Jerod Mayo’s staff in New England after Mayo recently was hired to replace longtime coach Bill Belichick.

I think reported ML told the staff they can interview with other teams if they want GB won't promise anything to anyone right now as they are looking who they want to keep.

Since they have coaches with one year left on their contracts, they're looking for them to find another job instead of canning them. It saves the Packers money, and the coach saves face.

When as many DCs change as we've seen this year in the NFL, you gotta expect this to happen. I'd expect nearly all, maybe all, of the defensive coaches will leave. Those that remain, will either be fired, or given a low level title, and correlating responsibility. I can understand why Hafely would want to have guys with him who he respects, and believes in their judgement. A coach who micromanages is a fool. Even worse, if he brings someone in who doesn't get what they want to do with the program.

In today's game, they have a coach for almost everything except one who teaches them that the jock goes inside the uniform, not outside.

Back