Packers Hire New DC

So is his scheme more Pettine or Saleh or a mix of them?
I think his scheme is his own actually, it draws from 3 different coaches, Pettine, Saleh, and Schiano. However, based on the film he's more multiple than any of them. He simplifies his coverage on the backside and great news none of that goofy DL and ILB covering WR nonsense

Neither really, watch the video of the interview. He’s played a lot of single high in college but basically said he did it because they had to account for college running QBs and you can get away with that in college, not so in pros.
Even though he said that the film shows he didn't do it a lot. He still plays a good bit of cover 3...some of the press man on X is being overstated so take that with a grain of salt.

So who will likely be a star player in this scheme? Walker?

I think the hire makes sense from the standpoint that this is a guy who has run a program before. He’s been a HC. I don’t think ML is going to have to coach up the defense himself or involve himself in it, the idea is that this guy is going to take that side of the ball and run with it.

For KegMan and RB...... tackling and our new DC, the Packers must have heard you
"I really do believe that you do have time to teach fundamentals and technique, so whoever says that you can’t, I don’t believe that.

“You do have time. It’s just, do you want to prioritize spending all your time on scheme or do you want to give yourself a lot of priority on fundamentals and technique? Because ultimately, this game is going to be won on fundamentals and techniques. That’s more important than any scheme you could ever draw up.”

love it.

So year one should we expect much with the D since there is limited time in the pre-season to put in new schemes. Do we think this will take maybe 2nd season for the players to pick up the sheme and all the calls? Also is there any possible players from BC that we could draft that could help come in with the defense?

Reading more on this guy I will say I think I might have been to tough on my toughts wanting a bigger name. Seems this guy is a blue collar guy who can get these guys to play for him.

Back