Packers Have 3rd Best Offensive Triad

oakleaf

Reaction score
Bill Barnwell evaluates the top offensive trios in the NFL.

Barnwell takes the quarterback of each NFL team along with the team's top two offensive skill players and compares them against each other. He downgrades trios for injury risk (for example, the Chiefs with RB Jamaal Charles) and claims he uses the 2015 season as the most important in estimating players' talent.

So it comes somewhat as a surprise to me he selects the Packers triad of QB Rodgers, WR Nelson and Cobb as number three because of having only one leg of the three-legged stool in 2015. (No Jordy, and Cobb sure didn't show anything suggesting he's a top skill player in 2015!) Barnwell argues, "Rodgers is the best quarterback on the planet... [Although] it might be reasonable to suggest that Rodgers has slipped a bit from his ridiculous peak a closer look suggests otherwise." He also suggests the Packers offense should be borderline unstoppable in 2016 with Jordy back.

The Patriots come in second, with QB Tom Brady, WR Julian Edelman, and TE Rob Gronkowski. No surprise.

The Steelers deservedly top the list with QB Ben Roethlisberger (even though injury-prone) because of RB Le’Veon Bell and WR Antonio Brown.

All-in-all, a well thought out ranking worth reading.

Last edited:
Hmm agree Brady and Gronk are tops but I don't see Edelman even a top 10-15 WR if he goes anywhere else.

I can say the same about Cobb

Cobb wasn't 100% last season even if he won't admit it. In 2014 Cobb had better numbers than Jordy. Was that because Jordy got more attention? I'm not sure but I think Cobb is better than Edelman.

Cobb wasn't 100% last season even if he won't admit it. In 2014 Cobb had better numbers than Jordy. Was that because Jordy got more attention? I'm not sure but I think Cobb is better than Edelman.
Nelson makes Cobb better. He clears spacey underneath. I'm not sure Cobb is a top 10-15 guy now. He can't get consistent separation

He clears spacey underneath.

kevin?

kevin_640x480_51425792783.jpg

Back