Packers Free Agency: Letroy Guion agrees to 3-year deal, per report

"When motivated" is always the key with Raji, and the fact that he's turned in some awfully mediocre seasons in contract years - when you'd expect him to be highly motivated - makes me question whether it's even possible to keep him motivated on a consistent basis. I used to hope that he'd get it someday, that the light would come on, but it never really has.

Can he be a player who's worth a $12-16 million longterm deal? Absolutely. But has he earned that kind of deal here in Green Bay? Absolutely not. He's had plenty of chances to prove that he's worth that kind of money, and he simply has never done so. If some other team wants to pay him that, good bye and good luck.

Agree wholeheartedly, not to mention he's starting to creep up there in age(almost the dreaded 30). I think he is who he is at this point, and it's unfortunate because he had the potential to be a lot better. I still remember when we first drafted him Ted stood at the podium and said, "He's a special guy, the good lord just didn't make many people like him". I thought him and Matthews would be a staple for the defense for many years to come, sadly, Raji was quite the letdown. Though he did have some really good early years, and we wouldn't have one the SB without him IMO. Still, he was a multiple pro bowl kind of talent, and fell short of that.

My only caveat would be that 'the dreaded 30' is usually reserved for the skill positions, RB and WR. Guys in the trenches are often effective into their 30s. And, I'd venture to say that Raji's body has taken a lot less beating than many others - if he'd played the way we'd like him to, maybe not. :)

Yeah, maybe that's been his strategy all along - he's saving himself for the stretch.

He's a genius, i tell you. A genius!

Back