Packers Defensive Issues

Names out there...

Nick Rapone, DB Coach Arizona
Before he was an NFL assistant, Rapone was a defensive coordinator in college for a combined 21 years. He was a likely potential replacement for Todd Bowles,when he left the Cardinals to become the head coach of the New York Jets earlier this year but he continued to coach the Cardinals’ defensive backs. After three seasons in the NFL, Rapone will have learned the pro game well enough to make an easy transition to defensive coordinator.

Mike Nolan, LB Coach Saints
Nolan's best years were mostly with the Ravens, but not entirely. The Jets ranked fourth in defensive DVOA in 2000, and Nolan defenses ranked between seventh and 12th for four straight years from 2009 to 2012.

Pats DB coaches Josh Boyer is considered a young defensive coach on the rise. Has 6 yrs in that program.

Any of those 3 are a start. Rapone is getting sniffs for HC jobs as well

Anyone think because he is friends with Winston Moss MM gives him the DC job?

What about Paul Guenther from Cincy? Runs scheme similar to Zimmer. Marvin Lewis shoukd be out in Cincy.

I pray its not an in house hire.

I posted a month ago on another site

Mike pettine or john butler
Pettine had awesomes defenses with jets and the bills. Still a 3-4.

Butler is a cb coach with the texans right now but has been interviewed for hc jobs and is highly praised around the league. Penn st guy.

Dark horse. Dave aranda. I know lsu has so penalties if he leaves but its chump change to these guys. Hes youmg successful and gets the most out of his guys. Huge step up but i like what he does

Back