Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

Ouch! I wonder how much of what Wahle believes meshes with what the Packer defenders, and the rest of the team for that matter, think?

It makes me question the direction that Gutey and ML are taking this team. Wahle makes it seem like they are self-destructive, and either don't care, or are orchestrating it that way.

Ouch! I wonder how much of what Wahle believes meshes with what the Packer defenders, and the rest of the team for that matter, think?

It makes me question the direction that Gutey and ML are taking this team. Wahle makes it seem like they are self-destructive, and either don't care, or are orchestrating it that way.

Even if you don't like Andy Herman's "Pack-a-Day" podcasts his weekly in-season chats with Mike Wahle are really good. Wahle pretty much gives a very real perspective on what he sees. I don't watch or listen to all Andy's stuff but I try to always catch the Mike Wahle episodes.

Again, just like the past several years....he's got to get clicks to eat. I take everything on those shows with a grain of salt.

Now, the defense that EVERYONE is bitching about I did how many threads on the past 2 seasons? This isn't some huge revelation on the scheme. Berry runs what he runs and he's not going to change his philosophy overnight.

Today, right now they can't do crap. Why, Your best CB has a bad back, your #2 is out for another month maybe 2. Your #3 who is playing 1 is a slot corner. After that, it's 3rd string guys. Only a complete whack job or a clueless couch QB would suggest playing man-up cover with what's available. Your starting safety is Rudy Ford a ST guy...and your teams suck!!

But Mark, our run defense? So your backside D is down to fumes. You're going to adjust what? I mean you could try to run a 4-2-5 front but I doubt that helps much.

Let's see Mike Wahle take 80/20 ground beef and make filet-mignon out of it. Hint, he can't.

If you want a scapegoat start looking to the front office, bad deals, poor foresight, and iffy drafting put us here more than anything the staff did. To drive that home go read the hundreds of threads the last 3 years of MM here, same issues different staff. What's the same?

Front office.

Again, just like the past several years....he's got to get clicks to eat. I take everything on those shows with a grain of salt.

Now, the defense that EVERYONE is bitching about I did how many threads on the past 2 seasons? This isn't some huge revelation on the scheme. Berry runs what he runs and he's not going to change his philosophy overnight.

Today, right now they can't do crap. Why, Your best CB has a bad back, your #2 is out for another month maybe 2. Your #3 who is playing 1 is a slot corner. After that, it's 3rd string guys. Only a complete whack job or a clueless couch QB would suggest playing man-up cover with what's available. Your starting safety is Rudy Ford a ST guy...and your teams suck!!

But Mark, our run defense? So your backside D is down to fumes. You're going to adjust what? I mean you could try to run a 4-2-5 front but I doubt that helps much.

Let's see Mike Wahle take 80/20 ground beef and make filet-mignon out of it. Hint, he can't.

If you want a scapegoat start looking to the front office, bad deals, poor foresight, and iffy drafting put us here more than anything the staff did. To drive that home go read the hundreds of threads the last 3 years of MM here, same issues different staff. What's the same?

Front office.
So much truth here. I've been coaching at some level for 33 years. Everyone thinks it's as simple as plug in a scheme and make it go. But once injuries happen your completely limited in what you can do. I think Berry by nature is conservative in his coverages. This leads to people specifically vet QB picking us apart slowly.

The run D by nature is getting worn down due to the offense playing in hurry up mode and not running clock. The talent after 14 on defense has been suspect for a decade so not sure that should surprise any of us.

I personally don't see anything getting fixed much this season regardless of who calls the defense.tc(

Last little note on ML, he gets a lot of heat on Berry but we all need to remember that wasn't his first choice. Jimmy L was and his late pull out on the job is why we got stuck with Berry.

Last year it felt like everyone was ready for the post Rodgers slump, and now everyone is convinced the coaching stinks because they can't win with 30% of the salary cap on IR/another roster and a QB who's making his 5th start.

I'm in full blow R-E-L-A-X mode:

-Love makes some big throws and misses a few things, he has a huge upside.

-WRs are still not in sync with him but getting better weekly

- The OL is put together with band aids and chewing gum

-The defense gets pressure but it gets worn down early because we can't run the football well. Also both starting corners are out/injured

We have another top 40 pick coming next offseason, and the dead cap hits start shrinking.

I'd argue we're in a rebuild that's right on track, it just takes time. tc(br)

@RobDemovsky · Now Packers coach Matt LaFleur said he will defer to David Bakhtiari to answer questions about whether he will be able to play again this season. He said Bakhtiari plans to address it at some point.

@TomSilverstein · Oct 2 LaFleur said a decision on whether to bring CB Eric Stokes back from PUP will come soon. "He has missed a lot of time but he's also played a lot of ball, so we'll see," he said of how quickly Stokes could be ready once he's practicing again.

Back