Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

I like Lazard, always a place for a guy like that on the team but I can't see paying him that much when you're hoping he's going to be your No. 3 receiver.

I like Lazard, always a place for a guy like that on the team but I can't see paying him that much when you're hoping he's going to be your No. 3 receiver.
If the Jets would sign OBJ you are paying $11 million a year for a guy as your number 3 who will hardly see a pass his way.

I wish him well.

But in the end good for him for getting that much money..

Good for Lazard. Deserves the money. We'll see how it all works out for him.

Some of the numbers of these contracts boggle the mind. I like Lazard, and a $5-6mil per year deal seems fair for a guy like him. With what they already have, if they add OBJ, Lazard is at best their #3/4. $44mil over 4 seems like an overpay. Of course structure matters so maybe a ton of the deal is in year 4 and will mostly be nullified by releasing him after year 3.

A few line items: Packers put a 2nd round tender on Yosh Nijman, will be interesting to see if any team offers him because the OT market has been bonkers.

GB also re-structured Campbell's deal to free up another ~$3m in cap space.

So now we have more clarity:
GB will need to find more WR and TE help, and some more OL help.

However next year, as many have said, will be tough for everyone. Need to work out of those recent awful contracts and then reset the following season.

I don’t need Love to win the division. I don’t even need him to have an above .500 season. Will just like for him to show the potential.

Then in the following season GB can restock and make a jump forward. I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes…

So now we have more clarity:
GB will need to find more WR and TE help, and some more OL help.

However next year, as many have said, will be tough for everyone. Need to work out of those recent awful contracts and then reset the following season.

I don’t need Love to win the division. I don’t even need him to have an above .500 season. Will just like for him to show the potential.

Then in the following season GB can restock and make a jump forward. I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes…
That's where I am at too.... I expect year 1 to be growing pains etc. Then they shed some $$$ and can be a bigger player.

Seems like 2025 is going to be year GB finally clears out cap issues and can have some money to finally spend.

Back