Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

I'm not down on Love, I'm hopeful, and he's shown some things, am excited for his future, but both of those INT's were 100% on him. If I remember right, the first one was a LB dropping back in space that Love never saw, and threw it right to him, and the 2nd one at the end of the game is a throw he absolutely cannot make on 3rd down with time on the clock. On 4th down or with time expiring, I wouldn't mind it, but on 3rd down with time you have to put that where only your guy can get it. The comment on Nelson is probably true on the 2nd pass, but it would still be Nelson bailing out a poor throw, and my guess is Nelson doesn't do that in the first start of his 2nd year either.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be too hard on Love either, in his first year starting, with very inexperienced receivers, and an OL that is struggling. Dillon is struggling for the same reason.. OL can't run block, and it can't pass tprotect.. not a good combination. Dillon has mostly done what we should reasonably expect of him. He's a totally different runner than Jones, and we should expect Jones style runs from him. To some degree, his YPC is low because he gets the ball so often on 3rd and 4th and short, and goal line, with a loaded box.

100% agree on not thinking the defense has played well just because they held them to 17 points and 270 toalt yards or whatever the number ended up being. The could not stop the run when it mattered, and that pass coverage was absolutely brutal at times. The defensive front played pretty well though, was nice to see Clark getting after the QB pretty consistently.

Agree, CD.

I am not down on Love either. Are there things he needs to work on and improve on? Absolutely. However, the o-line has been crap and we have no running game. Pretty tough for a rookie QB to be successful with that going on.

I agree though. He made a few bad decisions last game. Hopefully, he learns from those and continues to get better. What I want to see down the road this season is the Packers in a game winning drive situation again (hopefully 4 or 5) and Love leads them down the field for a TD or a game winning FG on a consistent basis. That will start to tell us if he can get it done under pressure situations.

There's a lot of anger thrown Rodgers way that i don't understand. I'm not extremely tall, lots of stuff can go over my head.

I think they refer to it as the "jilted lover effect?"

Back