Packers 2022 Thread

I don't believe this issue is worth arguing over, but the reality is, people are picking at something that's being done by Rodgers, that's being done, and has been done, by some of the best QBs to ever play the game. In fact, this little clip tells you how Manning handled it, and pretty much says how it works.

Watch games closer. You see them using the hand signals often. Sometimes just as a decoy, some times, to insure the player is on the same page as the QB. They are also a staple when crowd noise is too high for audibles to be heard. You'll also hear, from Manning, that the coaches let the QBs and players work out their own system, which is what Rodgers has done over the years. And, why would the signals change? It isn't changing the play, it's specifying something within the play may change, because of the defense.

We aren't talking about the rest of the NFL TW, specifically, this is the GB offense which is the Niners/Rams offense with a couple of wrinkles. As has been reported/documented and reinforced above the audible is built into every play...the only hand signal needed is when they "can" to the second play which you see GB/SF/LA do all the time.

The point isn't whether other teams use hand signals etc, your point is valid that they do. The point was why in the hell would you need 30 in this system because you don't? They are smashing two systems together to placate one man's ego, that's the point and my only purpose here is that about 4 of you continue to refuse that this is happening...yet again it's right here in front of you that it is.

I have no doubt Rodgers and the Packers run their own half assed way of audibling in a system that makes it simple that sounds par for the course. The bigger issue is why this offense continues to be lethargic week in and out regardless of adjustments. I personally believe the FO over values our personal on the roster and this season it's come back to haunt them. The gamble on Rodgers having enough in the tank so far is failing to what end is yet to be seen. tc(

We aren't talking about the rest of the NFL TW, specifically, this is the GB offense which is the Niners/Rams offense with a couple of wrinkles. As has been reported/documented and reinforced above the audible is built into every play...the only hand signal needed is when they "can" to the second play which you see GB/SF/LA do all the time.

The point isn't whether other teams use hand signals etc, your point is valid that they do. The point was why in the hell would you need 30 in this system because you don't? They are smashing two systems together to placate one man's ego, that's the point and my only purpose here is that about 4 of you continue to refuse that this is happening...yet again it's right here in front of you that it is.
I take it a step further - why did a coach, who presumably wants to build a culture and build a structure for all his players, and where players have a clear cut purpose and expectations, allow his offensive play calling to become inscrutable to everyone in the organization except one man? We certainly agree that it’s happening, I think we disagree on who gets the most blame for it.

I take it a step further - why did a coach, who presumably wants to build a culture and build a structure for all his players, and where players have a clear cut purpose and expectations, allow his offensive play calling to become inscrutable to everyone in the organization except one man? We certainly agree that it’s happening, I think we disagree on who gets the most blame for it.
Not disagreeing actually but as dysfunctional as this appears I put it more on Murphy and the front office than you do. No, where in any stop does this fit ML mo .... I also know that it was Gute and Murphy that flew out west to visit Rodgers, not ML. I think Curly and MO sold Larry down the river.

Not disagreeing actually but as dysfunctional as this appears I put it more on Murphy and the front office than you do. No, where in any stop does this fit ML mo .... I also know that it was Gute and Murphy that flew out west to visit Rodgers, not ML. I think Curly and MO sold Larry down the river.
Did ML though sign the contract ext because he's ok just following marching orders from up above or has he been told that once Lord Rodgers does retire he will get more freedom to run what he wants to run without having to placate his starting QB.

Did ML though sign the contract ext because he's ok just following marching orders from up above or has he been told that once Lord Rodgers does retire he will get more freedom to run what he wants to run without having to placate his starting QB.
Don't know.... that's the big problem is we really have no idea about the structure and who is really running what? It's weird

@kuhnj30
·
22h

I dont think this is all that crazy, unless things have drastically changed. We used to have lineman that knew all the signals and would pass them on to the receivers at the front of the room.

Back