OSU loses to Penn State

TW

Reaction score
My first reaction? OSU was overrated. It could be true, but maybe not. The Badgers exposed some problems OSU had, despite losing to them. Also, the Badgers took a lot out of OSU, during the game. Add in the fact that the Big 10 is not a weak conference like some would try to convince us, and you have a situation where talented teams can get beaten on the road, by other Big 10 teams.

As an example, the Badgers. Everyone is looking at the Nebraska game next week as the big one. It is, but now, even if we beat Nebraska, it's not a foregone conclusion that Nebraska will be beat by OSU. Then there's the Badgers needing to play Northwestern. That could be a trap game if I ever saw one. The Wildcats are starting to play pretty good football.

I think the situation is that there's more parity in the Big 10 than you find in most conferences. We beat each other up constantly.

Last edited:
Ohio state was flat after the Badger game but so was UW yesterday, the Big ten is still wide open. That loss screws OSU chances for a national title IMO.

TW there is more parity in college FB then any other yr I can remember. Outside of Bama it's anyone's game.

Bucky's defense will keep them in every game barring any further injuries. The offense although improved is still a work in progress. Just hope Chryst can recruit some great Badger type tail backs that were depleted under Anderson. Offensive line could use a little help too. But all and all a pretty darn fun team to watch and cheer for.

Ohio state was flat after the Badger game but so was UW yesterday, the Big ten is still wide open. That loss screws OSU chances for a national title IMO.

TW there is more parity in college FB then any other yr I can remember. Outside of Bama it's anyone's game.

According to all the OSU fans here nine Ohio, the loss means nothing because they'll beat Michigan and win the East due to strength of schedule. I will puke if that happens.

Bucky's defense will keep them in every game barring any further injuries. The offense although improved is still a work in progress. Just hope Chryst can recruit some great Badger type tail backs that were depleted under Anderson. Offensive line could use a little help too. But all and all a pretty darn fun team to watch and cheer for.

I've always found years like this, for the Badgers (Full disclosure, I'm a Michigan fan but I like the Badgers too), very fun because it's been sort of a surprise. Not many people believed they would be this good and believe me, they are good. The other fun part is watching the team grow together. The defense is the real deal and flat out fun to watch. The offense is growing everywhere and Hornibrook is so darn impressive. Badgers have a bright present and future.

Honestly I'm not sure we really exposed much playing OSU. OSU had a special teams meltdown in the 4th quarter and that cost them the game. Blocked punt and blocked field goal cost them 10 points in the 4th. Barrett was having issues with the vertical passing game for weeks.
OSU is in good shape actually. If they win out they are in playoffs. Their strength of schedule would include wins over Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska and Oklahoma​
I have mixed feelings about conference parity. Michigan, OSU are on 1 tier, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Northwestern and a big drop off from there.​

The great thing about the Badgers is their future. Not quite there this year but look out next. They have only one starting senior on offense (Cory Clements) and only two on 2nd string. They have three seniors on the starting defense and only one on second string. Hornibook is a freshman and can only get better. Look out for this group in 2017.

Back