Official Week 2 Green Bay vs Atlanta Thread

I think the Packers are hungry to beat the Falcons after last years NFCC game debacle. I expect them to come out just as hungry as the Falcons even though the Falcons have their new stadium opener. I'm expecting a high scoring game with the Packers hanging on to win at the end.

Like TW said, it's going to take a lot more than one game of good defense after all the bad defense I've seen over the years for me to consider the defense fixed. I'm expecting a shootout.

Packers 33
Falcons 27
Giving up 27 to that offense would be a considerable defensive improvement. I'm agree with your assessment and had the score at 38-27. It is how they score that has me interested. If we miss tackles and have free receivers running all over the field I'll be really disappointed even if we win.

here's my buzz-kill prediction. bulaga, bakhtiari, daniels, adams and brooks all miss the game. packers forced to use two tight ends and a fullback to protect rodgers, severely limiting their options on offense. packers can't get consistent pressure on ryan, giving him plenty of time to carve up our defense with long passes. the final score is every bit as lopsided as the nfc championship game just a few months ago.

here's my buzz-kill prediction. bulaga, bakhtiari, daniels, adams and brooks all miss the game. packers forced to use two tight ends and a fullback to protect rodgers, severely limiting their options on offense. packers can't get consistent pressure on ryan, giving him plenty of time to carve up our defense with long passes. the final score is every bit as lopsided as the nfc championship game just a few months ago.

If all those guys miss the game then I agree with you. Bulaga misses the game IMO, as do Brooks and Adams, but neither of those guys missing the game are really as big of a deal since they didn't play last year against them anyway.

Keep in mind we basically have a brand new batch of CBs against the Falcons this time around. Gunter was our starter last time and the team has determined he isn't even good enough to be on the roster now. That's an important point I think for this game.

It is how they score that has me interested. If we miss tackles and have free receivers running all over the field I'll be really disappointed even if we win.

I'm sorry, but that's what I'm anticipating. The Packers have always played like that under Capers. I don't see a reason for it to change after one good game against a Seattle team who has arguably the worst offensive line in football.

I think most of us who are saying the Pack could lose tomorrow are saying so because of injuries. We just don't see Rodgers getting enough time to work his magic. That said, our defense will be on the field way too much, and they'll eventually wear down in the front seven.

It isn't gloom, saying this, it's being pragmatic, and figuring that if it happens, it's not going to derail the Packers opportunity to make the playoffs, or even win the big one. It's just a hiccup, and we get a chance to find out if we do have guys who can step up further down the road, giving the team even more confidence, even if they do lose tomorrow.

It's like one Patriot player commented after their loss. "Now we don't have to think about saying we can run the table."

There's something to that message. You learn from it, and move forward, with even more motivation than you had before.

Back