Official Week 16 Green Bay vs Tennessee Thread

I'll say it again this week and TW alluded to it earlier, you are banged up in certain spots now. What's the point of risking Jones and Adams or even Rodgers this week's vs a big physical FB team ??

Your in the playoffs and can clinch a bye next week? Why risk it?
Bad match up for us, I say stay healthy and see how it plays out. Losing a bunch of starters to injury at this point is worse then losing this game.tc(

I'll say it again this week and TW alluded to it earlier, you are banged up in certain spots now. What's the point of risking Jones and Adams or even Rodgers this week's vs a big physical FB team ??

Your in the playoffs and can clinch a bye next week? Why risk it?
But if you can secure the bye this week you do it. If AZ losses one of it's last 2 games the Bears just need to win to get to the playoffs. I don't see Chicago lossing to the Jaguars so they will come in fired up against the Packers knowing they still have a shot to make the playoffs. So It's not like Chicago will role over and die for GB.

There are no guarantees.

We can't lay off this game, thinking we can beat the Bears next week. That dooms us to 11-5.

Win this flippin' game. If the cards fall right, rest people next week.

There are no guarantees.

We can't lay off this game, thinking we can beat the Bears next week. That dooms us to 11-5.

Win this flippin' game. If the cards fall right, rest people next week.

i agree with this too. so basically, i can understand and support both sides of the argument. but this will be a tough game to win. tougher than beating the bears imho. everybody talks about derek henry as if he is jerome bettis in his prime combined with walter payton. going up against our defense that's a recipe for disaster. then you throw in the fact that tannehill has suddenly become the guy that people thought he would be when he was drafted. i don't know if our soft defense is up to the task.

Things have really changed when people want to bench players because the upcoming game might be too difficult and it’s easier to just give up. Very strange.
I'll answer your argument very simply.... If D.adams, Clark, Rodgers, Jones and Bak go out with injury for a month or any combination do you have the depth on the roster to replace them >> Nope, Checkmate

That's not giving up. That's looking at your roster and knowing your locked in on a greater goal than this week's game. Pride will lose you more games than not. Think about all that.

Back