Official Week 14 Green Bay vs Carolina Thread

I totally agree with GBP4EVER. If Rodgers plays, and the Packers can hold the Panthers under 21, we could get a win. It's also a reasonable number of points that the Packers, and a rusty Rodgers, could score.

I'm still concerned about Rodgers and his health. A second collarbone injury to Romo ended his career. It hadn't completely healed. I don't want to see the Rodgers era end due to a bad decision, and this could be it - playing him. They told Romo his shoulder was well enough to play too.

I'm going to change my prediction from Panthers 31 Packers 17 because Rodgers has since come back.

I still don't believe in the Capers defense, but I think the players will respond to Rodgers return, by playing as hard as they can. My new prediction is:

Panthers 24 Packers 23

A second collarbone injury to Romo ended his career.

Dak Prescott ended Romo's career. He could have played again but to be fair it was the broken bone in his back that knocked him out in 2016 preseason.

Dak Prescott ended Romo's career. He could have played again but to be fair it was the broken bone in his back that knocked him out in 2016 preseason.

You're right. Romo broke his collar bone twice in one year, then the bone in his back followed in 2016 preseason, and Prescott replaced him. Although the back injury ended it, he was pretty much done after the second collarbone break from what I was told, by someone who knows him. It healed, but was never quite right.

Prescott played so well that Jones didn't really want to see Romo back. I do hope that comes back and bites him down the road.

Although the back injury ended it, he was pretty much done after the second collarbone break from what I was told, by someone who knows him. It healed, but was never quite right.

After the 2nd collarbone break, he didn't come back until the preseason of 2016. He played one possession in the second preseason game and was 4-5 for 49 yards. He played 3 snaps in the 3rd preseason game before getting injured. His shoulder/collarbone were fine by all accounts and had nothing to do with him retiring.

Prescott played so well that Jones didn't really want to see Romo back. I do hope that comes back and bites him down the road.

I think it's already coming back to bite him. Prescott is solid but not winning games without Elliot.

Eye - All I can tell you is what I was told by someone who knows him. The comment was that the 2nd injury effected his game, and he was favoring that shoulder when he came back in 2016. His preseason stats did seem decent, so it had to be a problem as to how he handled getting hit. I can't tell you more than what I was told.

Anyhow, because I trust the source, I'm going to still believe that that 2nd collarbone injury pretty much ended his career. If he wanted to go on, after the back injury, and people thought he could, Jones would have released him to do so.

As much as I would love to see the Pack win this one for A-Rod I don't see it happening. Again starts and ends with our defense and just afraid Cam the man (and I use that term loosely) will have a field day. Hard to tell how bad or good our defensive backs are when we put no pressure on the QB but will admit they are not that really good or at least not coached up enough to be the best they can be. I have no problem with the offense when the man is in the game and we'll see what happens but the problem is getting the offense on the field. Which brings up the only good quality I can think of for our defense they let the offense get plenty of rest.

Prediction Pussy Cats 31 Pack 20

Rodgers back. Cam erratic. Panthers defense playing well but has weaknesses.

Packers - 27
Panthers - 24

Rodgers back. Cam erratic. Panthers defense playing well but has weaknesses.

Packers - 27
Panthers - 24

Ugh, this to me is the hardest game of the final 3, mostly because of Cam's ability to scramble.
Aaron at least gives this team a shot here where with Hundley it's an automatic loss.
If this was pre injury, Packers win.

Post injury, I'm afraid it might take a little while to shake the rust off and by then it might be to late
I'll reverse Walleye

Panthers - 27
Packers - 24

Back