Official Playoffs Game 1: Green Bay vs Dallas Thread

"Checkers would be giving the Cowboys too much credit," Greenberg said. "To say that Matt LaFleur was playing chess and Mike McCarthy was playing checkers yesterday would be to greatly overstate the performance of Mike McCarthy.

"Matt LaFleur was playing chess and Mike McCarthy was playing Chutes and Ladders. He was playing Candy Land. To say they were outcoached is so underselling what happened. I still can’t believe it."

I think Chutes and Ladders and Candy Land are more complicated than checkers, but that's just me.

And, Greenberg has people pick out his clothes, so there's that.

Everything that’s been and said and the reactions from both Jones and MM show that they were looking past GB and not taking them seriously.

Everything that’s been and said and the reactions from both Jones and MM show that they were looking past GB and not taking them seriously.
Most definitely. They had no respect for GB. Now they do.

The reason I stopped watching or listening to pre game or post game shows, is that it's a bunch of blather by old players or nonsensical talking heads. No different after this Packers win where everyone was making excuses for the Cowboys, except Damien Woody where he said you have to stop all that and give credit to GB for straight out winning their match ups and kicking their ass. That's the bottom line. GB outcoached them and outplayed them.

Most definitely. They had no respect for GB. Now they do.

The reason I stopped watching or listening to pre game or post game shows, is that it's a bunch of blather by old players or nonsensical talking heads. No different after this Packers win where everyone was making excuses for the Cowboys, except Damien Woody where he said you have to stop all that and give credit to GB for straight out winning their match ups and kicking their ass. That's the bottom line. GB outcoached them and outplayed them.
I agree as well. Even though McCarthy in his post game presser gave credit to the Packers, he still said that "we picked the wrong day to have a bad day.". Saying it was a bad day alludes to the fact that it was a random act - but they were totally unprepared, under-coached and my guess with the way that game unfolded, Green Bay would have won that game 9 out of 10 times.

Winning playoff games has been a thorn in the Cowboys side for so long now, that there's no way they were looking past the Packers or any other team they might have played (unless they are totally incompetent).

And for McCarthy... maybe he is a serviceable offensive coach, but he shouldn't be steering the ship of any NFL team IMHO. He's lacking in real-time decision making, and the intelligence needed to be head coach. I'm very grateful we have ML, who has turned out to be a real winner as head coach.

I agree as well. Even though McCarthy in his post game presser gave credit to the Packers, he still said that "we picked the wrong day to have a bad day.". Saying it was a bad day alludes to the fact that it was a random act - but they were totally unprepared, under-coached and my guess with the way that game unfolded, Green Bay would have won that game 9 out of 10 times.

It's amazing that the Packers won this game. The Cowboys obviously have better overall talent and depth. I don't want to be cocky about it. I realize that on any given Sunday, anyone can be beaten. Was this one of those Sundays where all the upset gods were aligned for the Packers?

I ask myself what would happen if they played this game again 10 times. Who would win most of them.

I might be wrong, but I'd say the Cowboys would win 7 of the 10. Just my estimation. So, instead of being over the top on it, I prefer seeing it as a tremendously important stepping stone in the team building confidence going into next year, no matter what happens in the next game.

I'm not going to be upset, even if they get blown out by the 49ers. They've proved they're a team to be reckoned with for years to come.

It's amazing that the Packers won this game. The Cowboys obviously have better overall talent and depth. I don't want to be cocky about it. I realize that on any given Sunday, anyone can be beaten. Was this one of those Sundays where all the upset gods were aligned for the Packers?

I ask myself what would happen if they played this game again 10 times. Who would win most of them.

I might be wrong, but I'd say the Cowboys would win 7 of the 10. Just my estimation. So, instead of being over the top on it, I prefer seeing it as a tremendously important stepping stone in the team building confidence going into next year, no matter what happens in the next game.

I'm not going to be upset, even if they get blown out by the 49ers. They've proved they're a team to be reckoned with for years to come.
If the Pack gets blown out by the 9ers, they're just that noisy out of control abnoxious kid annoying everyone in the restaurant getting put in their place.

Nobody will be overlooking them this week. The 9ers have outmanned and stuffed the Pack in the last few Playoff Games. It cannot happen this time.

if the Cowboys would have been prepared, I agree that they win 7 out of 10 times as on paper they have better depth and talent. But my point was given their apparent lack of preparation, it wasn't just a bad day; the Packers were better prepared and the odds were flipped to the Packers advantage.

Back