Official Green Bay vs Tampa Bay Thread

Coach John McKay on his 0-14 team; Reporter: What do think of your team's execution today? McKay: " I'm all for it."

If you're looking for positives in the game against Tampa Bay, it would start with Dean Lowry playing very well, and watching Williams really prove he belongs there. Then throw in the one carry Jones had, to win the game, along with some pretty darned good play by both our inside linebackers, and you're on track. Next, throw in the continued emergence of Adams as a seriously good receiver at this point. Then look at how Hundley can turn a game, using his legs. When he does, even his passing improves, and the team looks like they've bought in on what's happening. It's a shame it only comes in spurts, because McCarthy seems to hold them back. Yet, we have to appreciate the late 4th quarter play of Hundley. It's pretty darned good.

On a negative basis, I do not understand why our DBs play nearly 10 yards off receivers, giving them so darned much room to work, without being impeded, or essentially covered. We're wide open to almost anything our opponents want to do. If we were a solid defense, we wouldn't watch marginal QBs throw their teams down the field, like they were on their way to the Pro Bowl.

All in all, a game we needed to win, but in reality, one we should win. We have more talent than they do.

I know Williams was having a great game but why did they wait until OT to hand the ball to Jones?

I missed the game because I had to work. Did get a chance to listen to the end of game and overtime. Sounds like an ugly offensive effort and some of the usual problem on defense on 3rd down. Still, it's nice to get a win, though we may come to regret it if they don't make the playoffs.

I wasn't impressed by the Packers on either offense or defense. About the only team truly worse than the Bucs is the Browns, and we get them next week.

I just hope that winning this week and next week isn't just an exercise in getting a worse draft pick. 7- gets you roughly a 20th pick.

Back