Official 2017 Green Bay Packers Training camp Thread

Why are there 2 FBs on the roster? Such wasted evaluation space. I mean
Rip had the position sewn up, no?
It's a McCarthy thing. They value the FB's. Maybe it's that Pittsburgh grit? Maybe it's ST related for wedge busting and setting. I don't know. It's rare. I don't think we'll carry 2 FB's this season due to such good depth in other areas.

It's nice to see they got their collective heads out of their collective arses, and brought back the guy who has proven he is one of the best at his job.

Regardless of what people think, long snappers can stay active to nearly 40, if they stay conditioned, and avoid injuries.

As for the rumors, about offers, you can count on them being true. He has a special talent, and it's often ignored by people in control in the NFL. But, with the longer extra point kick, they better think twice about the theory that "anybody can do it."

I wonder if a hybrid fullback/tight end isn't the real answer to what McCarthy wants to see on the field? If he had two TEs, who could block, and actually carry the ball on short yardage plays, it could be a real value for the team.

For some reason, too many coaches want to separate every position from the next. At least they are using the nitro package on defense showing hybrid position players works. Time to think that way on offense.

Back