Official 2017 Green Bay Packers Training camp Thread

Vogel is very solid right now. Looks like Ted might have found a UDFA gem there.

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
More
#Packers signed DT Aiulua Fanene after CB Herb Waters was waived-injured. Roster is still at 90.

DGWaijrXoAEnD70.jpg

tweets from tonight's practice

packerreport: "Rodgers challenged King three times in 2-min drill on passes to Nelson. All complete including TD. King wasn't bad. 12/87 were great."

packerreport: "Crosby goes 8-8 on FGs. Camp-long 52 at the end. He's made 18 straight and is 22-23 in his three days this camp."

packerreport: "Great line from House. Asked him if goal is to be No. 1 CB: “The day I can stop Davante (Adams) every single time, that’s when I’m the guy.”

packerreport: "Elliott doing work vs the run. Two TFLs in four plays."

packerreport: "Yancey drops bomb from Rodgers. He's dropped too many."

demovsky: "Canadian rookie guard Geoff Gray continues to impress. Won all three reps in the 1-on-1 drill, including a turn against Clay Matthews as an inside rusher."

demovsky: "Fourth-round pick Jamaal Williams appears to be pushing Ty Montgomery. He took the first running back snaps with the starters in a team period. The coaches have praised his pass-protection ability, which Montgomery is still learning."

demovsky: "Don't crown anyone yet. Montgomery was back with the starters in the next team period."

demovsky:

wilde: "Here's how #Packers' No. 1 offense and defense lined up in a 2-minute drill that ended in a 10-yard Nelson TD catch from Rodgers vs. King."

DGWJzFrVwAA9zJy.jpg:large

wilde: "Here's Rodgers and Whitt on going after rookie CB Kevin King in practice."

DGWMQqTUQAAUFN0.jpg

wilde: "Wow. 6-foot-6 rookie WR Michael Clark skies and snatches a deep ball from Joe Callahan over LaDarius Gunter. Fantastic throw and catch."

silverstein: "Yancey beats CB Quinten Rollins deep but Rollins catches up enough to strip him after over the shoulder catch. Incomplete."

silverstein: "McCarthy praised Janis before practice. He makes one handed catch at goal line to back him up."

silverstein: "DT Letroy Guion's gold chain broke after he got knocked to the ground. Carried it to the sideline in his hand."

3 things video

demovsky: "Fourth-round pick Jamaal Williams appears to be pushing Ty Montgomery. He took the first running back snaps with the starters in a team period. The coaches have praised his pass-protection ability, which Montgomery is still learning."

Wait, you mean a guy who actually has played the Rb position with some consistency through his career is pushing a converted WR? I'm shocked I tells ya!!!! jawdrop):D

That being said, nothing that is said right now really matters, especially by the media.

I'm going to see it if he can do it or not. If he cant, then he won't; if he can then he will

With high quality wisdom like that from Whitt it's no wonder our CBs are so well coached.

"I'm going to see it if he can do it or not. If he cant, then he won't; if he can then he will."

With high quality wisdom like that from Whitt it's no wonder our CBs are so well coached.

I've always found Whitt to be an eloquent speaker. rofl(

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
McCarthy: We're creating opportunities where young players are and create as many combinations as possible.
McCarthy: Fourth preseason game will be more competitive with only one roster cut.
McCarthy: This is a Thursday type practice today. We need to improve on what we did Wednesday with transition to the cards (scout team).
McCarthy: I'll call the first three games and Edgar Bennett will call plays in the last preseason game.
McCarthy: Don't have a long term concern for CB Davon House (hamstring).

McCarthy: I'll call the first three games and Edgar Bennett will call plays in the last preseason game.
o_O that normal?

Probably a good time to see if someone is willing to trade for Richard Rodgers... before we just have to cut him.

Why are there 2 FBs on the roster? Such wasted evaluation space. I mean
Rip had the position sewn up, no?

Back