Official 2016 Week 1 Green Bay vs Jacksonville Thread

Kuhn is old he's 34 or 35 years old had to move on at some point.

I couldn't agree more, assuming they had a true replacement. One more year wouldn't have hurt since he was going to end up getting veteran minimum. But, that's not how the Thompson system works. It's a business, and the ROI is what he looks for. Can't argue against it I suppose. He does bring a lot of guys in who contribute.

http://blog.packers.com/2016/09/10/...ury-report/?campaign=sf35592407_FB_sf35592407

Packers add T David Bakhtiari to injury report
Posted by Wes Hodkiewicz on September 10, 2016 – 1:40 pm

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — The Packers added left tackle David Bakhtiari (back) to the injury report on Saturday. He’s questionable to play in Sunday’s opener against Jacksonville.

Bakhtiari has started 46 of a possible 48 regular-season games in his first three NFL seasons. He missed three starts last year (including playoffs) with an ankle injury, but didn’t miss a practice during training camp.

Rookie second-round pick Jason Spriggs is listed as the backup left tackle on the Packers’ depth chart.

The rest of the Packers’ injury report remains the same with tight end Justin Perillo (knee) and receiver Jeff Janis (hand) also questionable. Linebacker Jayrone Elliott (hamstring), safety Chris Banjo (hamstring) and receiver Trevor Davis (shoulder) are all listed as doubtful.

Sweet! O-line getting stronger by the day. Hope Rodgers has spent a lot of time throwing on the run in practice. :D

hmmm . . . well, from what i saw of spriggs against the raiders' kahlil mack, he has a long way to go before he is a starter in the nfl. i think he would be a big step down from bakht - who is only an average left tackle. and if it was just the lost of bakht, maybe we would be okay, but let's not forget that we are also going to be playing our fist game without 3-time pro-bowl guard josh sitton. suddenly, the whole left side is suspect if you ask me. and that's rodgers' blind side.

Of course Mack can make seasoned veteran O linemen look foolish too.

Well folks, the day is here. It feels like I'm 8 again and it's Christmas morn. Can't wait to unwrap the gift at kickoff. Here's to a Packers win today!

Slow start for the offense but it eventually cranked up. First regular season game is gonna show some blemishes but overall, team up by 4 at half is a good sign.

Back