Official 2016 Packers Training Camp Thread

Well kudos to Janis, but man I'm not sure I want to be trusting a guy with a club on his hand to make tough catches or field kick-offs or even run down the field with the ball after a catch. Works in practice but I suspect would not be such a good idea in a game.

I think they are certainly trying to assess where he's at in terms of contributing because they have some really tough calls to make at WR. You have 8 guys who are good enough for the roster but in a perfect situation you'd like to keep only 5 . . . 6 max . . . which means you have to cut 2 roster quality players.

If they decide to go light on OL, and PUP Linsley, and go with only 3 TEs then the numbers say you could keep 7, but I don't think that is how they want to go.

Personally, I think Allison looks better than Davante. Don't cling to a guy that just doesn't have it between the ears. He just couldn't be more inconsistent. Allison will never make it to the practice squad. Besides, every team needs a Geronimo! :D

I think they should IR Janis. Playing with a huge club on his hand? Really? How effective could he be? I'd stick with Davante, but I'd have him on a short leash. He just doesn't look like a 2nd rounder to me. Hopefully, he’ll prove me wrong.​

Don't know that they CAN put Janis on IR. I understand terms are subjective, but the injure has to be major, something that will keep the player out over six weeks. Something as relatively simple as a broken hand might be tough to sell. Especially if Janis himself thinks he's got a better chance somewhere else.

Not right now he's not... that high ankle wouldn't last a full game. If he really was we wouldn't have a 3rd QB on the roster. That's truth whether you want to hear it or not.
I think if Hundley would go down the Packers would go down the Packers would sign a veteran

I think if Hundley would go down the Packers would go down the Packers would sign a veteran

i would put callahan up against almost any other team's backup qb, and i don't think there's better vet available out there at this point.

Back