NFL suspends CB Demetri Goodson four games for PED violation; ILB Palmer released

We have two starters at ILB who do the same thing as Ragland, slower thumper stop the run. We need a cover speedy Ilb. The kid from Eastern Kentucky perks my curiosity the 5 tech could of been top ten. The draft is deep in DL and OT, that doesn't mean you pass on blue chippers to draft someone who doesn't fit need or scheme like Ragland. I also do not draft secondary top three. We do not need a top 3 TE or WR. I want to see heavy DL & OL along with that ILB. The Packers board is set, but fun speculating

Last edited:
I didn't realize he was Mike Goodson's brother, who has also been suspended in the past. Family is bad at drug tests!

Oh well, he was #5 on the depth chart and we will probably draft another CB. He was likely toast anyway.

Both these guys are easily replaceable with later round or UDFA acquisitions. Not sure Goodson is good enough to make a case to stay on roster while on suspension. Great opportunity for a young kid to claim that spot.

Always a good thing to cut some deadwood out of the lower end of the roster now and then.

Robertson Daniel already replaced Goodson, the suspension just removed all doubt. Palmer was replaced by the equipment manager, addition by subtraction.

Back