Never been so happy to be wrong!

Agree with TW - getting a starting quality LT that late in the draft was a really nice find.

I also agree with Dubz and Half that Spriggs future is at RT. Maybe it takes another year, but I highly suspect that is where he ends up. I personally would favor re-signing Lang. Spriggs does not have to start next year. Lang already counts about $6.2mil against the CAP. I'd offer him something in that range - we have plenty of CAP space right now, and Peppers $10.5 will be coming off the books for 2017. Lots of room to re-sign whoever you want and make some FA moves rofl(. If Lang moves on for money a whole lot more than $6.2mil/yr then at least you got a solid comp. pick for him, but I think he might stay for something in the $7mil/yr range.

I like the idea of having the insurance. Let things sort themselves out in camp. Maybe Bulaga takes over for Taylor at LG and Spriggs becomes the RT. Maybe someone gets injured. The OL is a strength right now and I see no financial reason to weaken it. Sure, if there were some tough choices to be made and not enough money, then yes. But that isn't the case. In fact, I'd add to the strength and draft a guy this year in the Rd 3-5 range as a potential Lang replacement in a year or two. Bulaga may not be old, but there is a lot of injury history and mileage on him. They may also look to part ways with him after 2017 once his contract hits $8mil/yr.

The OL has been good enough for the most part this year. But Arod has been sacked 30 times. 13th most in the league.

but to the OP yes Bahk has done admirably.

Back