Nathaniel Hackett

Best case scenario is that he gets a HC job and ML can retain Stenovich

Straight talk here.... he might be a decent OC...might be a cool dude. Nothing about him says HC. And before I get crap back on that you heard about Matt L here from me months before he was the guy. That's just the way the wind blows.

tc(

Straight talk here.... he might be a decent OC...might be a cool dude. Nothing about him says HC. And before I get crap back on that you heard about Matt L here from me months before he was the guy. That's just the way the wind blows.

tc(
I know Hackett has been around awhile and am happy that the guy is getting some love but I also think it's a testament to ML's program. We see it all the time that the teams that do well, their staff tends to get looked at a little more for possible HC hires. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't.

tc(
Maybe not but that hasn’t prevented many a mediocre coach from getting hired for association to a better coach.

tc(
He didn't excel in Jacksonville in my opinion when things were less then ideal, ML lost his starting QB and a bunch of starters in TN and still made hay. I think those are the attributes of a good HC, being able to overcome losing stars and getting your bench players to play at a high level.

Hackett has no track record as a HC. There are a lot of great coordinators who just don't cut it as a HC. For that matter, there are HCs out there who aren't all that bright, but are smart enough to surround themselves with assistants who make their teams perform the way they want.

I remember something that someone said, a long time ago, in reference to Fritz Shurmur. "One of the best damned defensive minds in football, but when it comes to running a program from the top, forget about it. He's strictly Xs and Os.

I agree with that.

Yet, Hackett will more than likely jump at an opportunity because he can make a decade worth of earnings each year with a 3 or 4 year contract. It's hard to turn that kind of financial security down.

Back