Monty is going to be alright.

from sports illustrated's mmqb:

I think Ty Montgomery taking permanent residence atop the Packers’ running back depth chart makes a lot of sense. He averaged 5.9 yards per carry in 2016 and that’s more important to Green Bay’s offense than the team utilizing Montgomery at receiver, behind Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Davante Adams.

I did some reporting on the Packers before the NFC championship game but didn’t get to use it after they lost to the Falcons. One story, from Shannon Turley, Director of Sports Performance at Stanford, Montgomery’s alma mater, stood out. He said a scout from the Arizona Cardinals called him before the Packers drafted Montgomery in the third round in 2015 and said Montgomery would have been graded higher as a running back, and that players with his body type at wide receiver (6-0, 216) hadn’t fared well in the NFL. “Mark my words,” the scout told Turley. “You’re going to see the day that he plays running back.”

Turley said Montgomery reminded him of a bigger version of Christian McCaffrey, the Stanford star who was just drafted eighth overall by Carolina. “I wonder how our team might have been if we’d scrapped our plan with Ty and put him in the backfield,” Turley said.

Man, I am so sorry about that initial post. I am not sure what the heck happened but I sure didn't mean that F word.....starting to feel like Kathy Griffin

Man, I am so sorry about that initial post. I am not sure what the heck happened but I sure didn't mean that F word.....starting to feel like Kathy Griffin

Lookin like her to..... hide)

Im fine with ppl thinking Ty isn't the answer at rb but I have yet to see their reasons for those ideas. I think Ty will be a fine rb and favors very well to Jay Ajayi. I can see Monty getting close to 1500 all purpose yards this season. He has the size and power to run between the tackles, the patience to let the lanes open and is a receiving threat. Im not a fan of pounding a back with 20+ touches all year so the other guys will get his scraps. He isn't going to be unseated this year barring injury

Monty might be OK might not but as always don't base much on feel good fluff during OTA... tends to bite us in the butt.

Im fine with ppl thinking Ty isn't the answer at rb but I have yet to see their reasons for those ideas. I think Ty will be a fine rb and favors very well to Jay Ajayi. I can see Monty getting close to 1500 all purpose yards this season. He has the size and power to run between the tackles, the patience to let the lanes open and is a receiving threat. Im not a fan of pounding a back with 20+ touches all year so the other guys will get his scraps. He isn't going to be unseated this year barring injury

He gets up limping every other time he's tackled. I don't trust his durability yet.

maybe you and i are watching two different ty montgomerys.
As I remember it it was Lacy and Starks that were injured on every other tackle. Watching that video was reassuring that he can do the job as a running back. He accounted for 39 First Downs and 3 TDs last year on 121 touches (77 rush and 44 rec.) That is quality production from the back field.

Back