MM Releases His New Book

I thought my spreadsheet would transfer into columns

Google sheets is what I use to get my charts in the tread.

I'd want to watch the raiders, but the friends I have to are raiders fans are insufferable about it even when they were terrible...

I've always liked the Texans and Chargers, but I don't have any illusions about Houston's chances in the playoffs.

I've noticed that the heat is being turned up on TT more in the media these days than MM. For whatever reason the soft roster seems to be coming into focus more than MM and his staff. It's a legit point. Below is a comparison of impact players and their ages from the 2010 SB season compared to now. It's startling (players over 30 in bold).

Offense

Aaron Rodgers - 26
Greg Jennings - 27
Jordy Nelson - 25
Chad Clifton - 34
Donald Driver - 35

James Jones - 26

Defense

Clay Matthews - 24
BJ Raji - 24
Cullen Jenkins - 29
Tramon Williams - 27
Nick Collins - 27
Charles Woodson - 34
Desmond Bishop - 26
Sam Shields - 22

Offense

Aaron Rodgers - 32
Davante Adams - 23
Jordy Nelson - 31
David Bahktiari - 25
Randall Cobb - 26

Defense

Mike Daniels - 27
Clay Matthews - 30
Julius Peppers - 36

Nick Perry - 26

On offense the best players were well under 30, now there are fewer impact players and the best are both over 30. Look at the D! Years ago there were young, impact players at every level of the D. Now what is there? Im being generous including Perry here but the drop off to the rest of the D roster is just tremendous. No one else comes close to really impacting games, or having the talent to impact games.

I won't cry when MM goes, I think his system is stale and so is his message, but Ted has really let this roster fall off and that's on him and his scouts.

Reactions: TW
Interesting perspective on age within the core of the team. Some older play makers is good, but there has to be young guys coming in who are the future, and showing their potential as well. I'm not certain I'm seeing it happening.

My question is who has caused this? Thompson, with his draft, or McCarthy with his wish list? A combination of both? Just maybe the real brains behind our drafting was the guys who jumped ship and assumed better jobs throughout the league.

Back