Matt Forte to Packers

diesel

Reaction score
Website
thechive.com
The Bears have announced they wont be offering a contract to Forte. This would be a great pick up. His between the tackles running, blocking and pass catching abilities would be a nice boost to The Pack's 23rd ranked offense

He is great catching the ball out of the back field. I wouldn't be anti Forte but I want more out of FA than that.

I will pass. He's a good pass catching back but we can re-sign Starks for cheap and he's ok at that. I think Forte will go to New England were he can be more then just a pass catching back which he would be in GB>

I think the Packers still have their wagon hitched to Eddie Lacy. He's still on a rookie contract and by calling him out, I think they believe that he'll come into camp in prime shape. IF he does come into camp in great shape he's still a quality number 1 back IMO. I can't see the Packers paying money for an older HB(who other teams will be vying for) when they aren't even a run first team, just doesn't seem like Ted's style.

No. You have to see what Lacy brings in a contract year. If your going to get a second back get a speed / change of pace guy.

It's the kind of guy TT would go after because he won't count against the comp pick formula. Would not be opposed as he is a far more developed receiver than anyone we currently have. Sure, maybe Forte wants a bigger role, but maybe he also realizes that being part of a platoon with Lacy extends his career a few years. You can still draft a change of pace guy.

Forte is a better back than Starks by a solid margin and there is no reason to worry about the money - we have room. Why settle for Starks because he's "OK". (Are we now settlers? ;) ) Give me Forte and an ILB in FA along with a couple of solid contributors in the draft and I'll take my chances on this team being better next year than it was last year and a viable SB contender.

It's the kind of guy TT would go after because he won't count against the comp pick formula. Would not be opposed as he is a far more developed receiver than anyone we currently have. Sure, maybe Forte wants a bigger role, but maybe he also realizes that being part of a platoon with Lacy extends his career a few years. You can still draft a change of pace guy.

Forte is a better back than Starks by a solid margin and there is no reason to worry about the money - we have room. Why settle for Starks because he's "OK". (Are we now settlers? ;) ) Give me Forte and an ILB in FA along with a couple of solid contributors in the draft and I'll take my chances on this team being better next year than it was last year and a viable SB contender.

Actually he would count. Forte is a UFA.

My suspicion is that he will end up with Seattle. They usually end up getting the person we as fans are hoping for.

I fail to see the need for a pass-catching RB. We already have two players who can play that role: Cobb and TyMont... Injuries to Nelson and Monty prevented us from working them in that role as much as was probably planned.

I'm VERY excited what a group of Nelson and Adams/Janis wide, one of Cobb/Monty at the slot, and the other at RB could do... You can run it with them, spread them wide, screens, end-arounds... Only thing they're limited at is pass pro.

RB is not a position where I wanna spend a ton of resources. Teams almost routinely manage to get low round picks or UDFAs to perform. Lacy must've heard the coaches' call, I think there a good chance of him giving us a monster year. I'd like a rookie to be the backup and learn through trial by fire, and maybe develop into our starter in 2017, if Lacy leaves for big money for some foolish team.

I'd like to have Forte if the market fails him. Otherwise, naah.

Back