Mark's Mock 2.0 Post Sr Bowl

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
We know a little more now on how this draft might shake out. In this version we add in trades etc.

GB trades down into the upper half of round 2 and adds a mid round 3rd to pick up more impact players.

Round 2 A: Austin Johnson, DT, PSU 6'4 324: Johnson immediately gives us a 3-down lineman who can effectively stop the run and collapse the pocket. Johnson produced a quality season for Penn State in 2015. He was a tough defender at the point of attack with 78 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss and 6.5 sacks.

Round 2B: Kentrell Brothers, ILB, Missouri
Green Bay has to address MLB.... Brothers made a huge impact in 2015, recording 152 tackles, 12 for a loss, two interceptions, 2.5 sacks, one forced fumble, three passes batted and a blocked punt. The 6-foot-1, 235-pounder was one of the top tacklers in the SEC in 2014, recording 122 tackles alongside one sack and four passes broken up.

Round 3A: Joe Dahl, OT, Washington State
Dahl broke into the lineup as a sophomore starter at guard, but he played left tackle for Washington State for the past two seasons. In the Cougars' offense, Dahl got a lot of preparation for blocking in pass protection on the edge. The 6-foot-5, 310-pounder is another tackle who is a sleeper but will rise on draft day. Perfect 3rd OT.

Round 3B: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
6'4 195 with 4.5 speed In 2015, Doctson had 79 catches for 1,327 yards and 14 touchdowns.Doctson uses his size to make acrobatic catches in the end zone and along the sideline. He has good hands and tremendous leaping ability. MM gets his "BIG" WR.

Round 4. Bryce Williams, TE, East Carolina
6'6 258 Williams turned in a productive season for the Pirates as he totaled 58 receptions for 588 yards and four touchdowns. As a junior (18-237-4) and a sophomore (20-220-5), Williams chipped in to a good East Carolina offense. An upgrade in depth for GB here.

Round 5. Taveze Calhoun, CB, Mississippi State
6'1 184
TT Loves to add DB and does so again. Calhoun had 39 tackles, two interceptions and eight passes broken up on the year at MSU.

Round 6. Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Utah State
6'5 245 In 2015, Fackrell had 82 tackles with 15 for a loss and four sacks. Injured his JR year one of those upside guys you draft late and let hang around TT style.

Round 7. Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia
5'11 219 Low miles guy who was always stuck behind someone on the depth chart, 4.49 speed makes him a nice change of pace back... give him a hole and say good bye.

There you go ... a nice TT style mock.

Agree this is TT-like. A solid draft group overall. Addresses the needs nicely. Does a much nicer job than the mock I have been messing with this morning (which I'll probably toss up later). I would have liked an OT earlier, but as I found out in my own mock, it doesn't really work out. The Rd1 worthy tackles are gone forcing you to either reach or wait. Same thing kind of happened to me in Rd2 so I waited until Rd 3 just as you did. I would be happy if this is how things work out in April.

From the players that currently look to be available at our pick, I could certainly see a trade-down. It seems to me there are a lot of guys that seem to have about the same value between 20-40.

Interesting Mock, I could see a draft like this happening this year.

Back