Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
A couple changes but sticking to the same theme :

Round 1
Jack Conklin, OT Michigan State
6'6" - 318 - rJr Can't keep going with the 2 OT we have. Conklin is well-built with excellent core strength, using his powerful upper body and center of gravity to be a mauler in the run game. He lines up with a firm anchor and rarely plays in reverse with quick eyes and smarts to pick up extra blockers. Very quick-minded and never takes a play off.

dfp1024conklin.jpg

Round 2 : TE Hunter Henry, Arkansas 6'5" 253
Henry had 51 receptions for 739 yards and three touchdowns in 2015. He did a nice job as a blocker and receiver for the Razorbacks, but they didn't use him enough in the passing attack. Henry has the quickness to get downfield with the athleticism to get open against safeties and linebackers. In the ground game, he was a steady blocker for Arkansas' potent rushing offense, I think he drops due to other position needs ahead of him.. nice get for GB.

Round 3 : Austin Johnson*, DT, Penn State 6'4 324

GB will need to add a NT off season I believe , Johnson produced a quality season for Penn State in 2015. He was a tough defender at the point of attack with 78 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss and 6.5 sacks. He had one sack as a sophomore and freshman. The jump was in part due to quarterbacks stepping up to avoid Carl Nassib. Johnson projects as a nose tackle for a 3-4 or 4-3 defense in the NFL.

images

Round 4 A: Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford
6'2 252
GB needs to address ILB in this draft and does so here.
Martinez had an excellent senior year, making a lot of critical tackles for Stanford. He was the Cardinal's most steady defender. In 2015, Martinez totaled 141 tackles with 6.5 for a loss, 1.5 sacks, six passes broken up and one interception. He had 101 tackles as a junior.
images

Round 4B:
Rashard Higgins*, WR, Colorado State 6'2 188

As above something that needs to be addressed.
Higgins totaled 75 catches 1,062 yards and eight touchdowns in 2015. He missed one game because of injuries, but his production was down a lot because of Jim McElwain's departure to Florida and Garrett Grayson's to the NFL. Higgins has good quickness, route-running and hands. He's a polished receiver.

Round 5. Taveze Calhoun, CB, Mississippi State
6'1 184
TT Loves to add DB and does so again. Calhoun had 39 tackles, two interceptions and eight passes broken up on the year at MSU.

Round 6. Kyler Fackrell, 3-4OLB, Utah State
6'5 245
In 2015, Fackrell had 82 tackles with 15 for a loss and four sacks. Needs a little work and time but a nice upside as a pass rusher.

Round 7. Tyler Marz, OT, Wisconsin
6'5 321
Poor man's Mark Tauscher ... add's depth to the OL group as well. Strictly a RT in the pro's but a upgrade in depth nonetheless.

That would be a really nice draft. I'm hoping GB can land Henry. We need a solid, athletic TE. Period. I also like the OT's. It's been painful watching Barclay this year. He's going to get Aaron killed.

I think Ted will need to address RB as well. Maybe he will sign a top one in FA. HA!HA! Just kidding about the FA thing. :D

Very nice job, Mark! thumbsup

Nice. I'm not convinced on Conklin yet. Really like TE Henry, DT Johnson. Also would really like Fackrell, He was hurt his Junior year I believe, so he wasn't all the way back yet. He reminds me of a guy we used to have- Bryce Paup. Also like Tauscher II in the seventh. I'm hoping TT can get hold of a quick twitch RB somewhere along the line.

Back