Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Early raw shot at it.

Round 1

Jack Conklin, OT Michigan State

6'6" - 318 - rJr Can't keep going with the 2 OT we have. Conklin is well-built with excellent core strength, using his powerful upper body and center of gravity to be a mauler in the run game. He lines up with a firm anchor and rarely plays in reverse with quick eyes and smarts to pick up extra blockers. Very quick-minded and never takes a play off.

dfp1024conklin.jpg

Round 2 -
O.J. Howard - TE - Alabama -

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eNCjzOdXyVA/Un7uaaWe7HI/AAAAAAAAAPY/2mLB9fZwdQA/s1600/ken22.gif

A intriguing athlete who could be dynamic receiving tight end.. He needs work but he has a huge upside you can't leave on the board.

Round 3
Demarcus Robinson WR Florida

Complete package WR. Carries the ball with purpose. We will get Jordy back next year but its time to find a playmaker and not just a guy. Nothing against Adams or Monty in the future but having a deep pool of threats is needed to make this team go again. I see #1 potential in this guy.

Round 4A

Tyler Matakevich, ILB/OLB, Temple

Matakevich was on fire to open the season and played excellent games against quarterback prospects Christian Hackenberg and Gunner Kiel. Since then, Matakevich has been consistently good for Temple. He has 96 tackles with four sacks, 11.5 for a loss, five passes batted, and five interceptions on the year.

Round 4B

Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota

Some rate Boddy-Calhoun ahead of teammate Eric Murray. Boddy-Calhoun has 31 tackles with two passes broken up and two interceptions in 2015. Last season, he had a strong total of 51 tackles, nine passes broken up and five interceptions

Round 6
Deatrich Wise Jr.*, 3-4OLB, Arkansas

Big body OLB/DE to replace Peppers. Ideal size ... high upside.

Round 7
Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia

Guy who got stuck behind a couple players after injury in 2014. Low miles 5'11 219 4.49 40... worth a 7th. Could be a diamond late pick.

Last edited:
I like it. Fairly "no-nonsense" though I don't mind the project TE in rd 2. Is the olb/De gonna have to make a big adjustment?

Boy, it's too early for me to say anything really intelligent about this mock, but on the surface I like the approach.

Happy with OL and TE in the mix early and from what I've read, that sounds like about the right spot for Conklin. Same with Howard, though I don't know much about him.

I have been researching the WRs a little bit. Don't know a ton about Robinson as a WR but I believe he's had several suspensions during his career. That doesn't automatically remove him for me, but not sure sure TT takes the risk. (Supposedly multiple failed drug tests - not a big deal in college, but can get you suspended and mess up your career in the NFL.) Of course the failed tests might be the only reason we get a shot at him.

Little bit of a tough year for WRs in those middle rounds. Robinson has multiple suspensions, Boyd (Pitt) has a recent DUI, Williams (Clemson) injured his neck in game 1, Davis from W.Mich looks pretty good, Dural (LSU) tore a hammy, Braxton Miller is RAW . . . The guy I kinda like is Burbridge (MichSt) but he would be a round later I think.

I like that you added 2 LBs. Need to bring in some help there because I think Peppers is done and we need guys who will push Barrington, Palmer, Mulumba and Elliott. Fine with adding a CB 'cause I assume Heyward is gone. And given the RB situation, you have to grab another one, which you did.

What this season has shown me is that no player not named Arod should have a secure roster spot. Take BPA and make the veterans fear for their jobs. Need stiff competition in camp. Really what I want is guys who are hungry. Guys who are gonna play at 150% all the time.

There really isn't any position right now that does not need upgrading. Even back up QB's could use some competition.

I like this first mock.. but with TT any high pick that "has talent but need work" scares me. Not sure who else would be out there, but I don't have a lot of faith that this staff can develop talent at TE.

I think after a season and a half at ILB we've learned this about Clay Matthews: he's a great teammate for switching positions, and he's a better OLB than ILB. OLB is already getting thinned out, move him back where he belongs and commit a proper asset in the draft to solidifying the ILB position for good. tc( Stop playing games with late rounders.

I otherwise like OT and TE early.

I think after a season and a half at ILB we've learned this about Clay Matthews: he's a great teammate for switching positions, and he's a better OLB than ILB. OLB is already getting thinned out, move him back where he belongs and commit a proper asset in the draft to solidifying the ILB position for good. tc( Stop playing games with late rounders.

I otherwise like OT and TE early.

Thus Tyler Matakevich... he replaces Clay inside. Plays the run well but can cover outside. He may go earlier but FCC(

Other than the 1st pick this is a great mock. Conklin is no good imo. Not a good athlete at all. A battler yes, but not a 1st round guy. I'd pass

After that I would be thrilled. Both Howard and DR have huge upside.

I hope we can keep perry and Neal bc if pep retires we need guys here. Esp with perrys glass body

Back