Love (of money) story: How Rams' Stan Kroenke crushed Chargers

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Love (of money) story: How Rams' Stan Kroenke crushed Chargers

Oh, and as for that little matter of the fans in St. Louis, they lost despite the conga line of billionaires who left the Westin hotel at the league's owners meetings trumpeting Tuesday's decision as a great compromise and a win-win for everyone. When Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross was on his way out the door declaring, "everybody won," someone threw a verbal bucket of cold water in his face.
"So you think the fans in St. Louis won?"
"Well, I mean … " Ross started, looking a little stunned at the reminder that someone lost their team. "Someone had to lose, obviously."

If I'm SD or OAK after being trashed by the NFL and owners I'd give them the finger and totally lowball them in terms of public financing. Both SD and OAK can't move to LA. And as we'll see with STL losing an NFL team won't hurt much, if at all.

And when STL wanted the NFl to pay an extra 100 mill? They blasted them and called it inadequate. But all of a sudden the NFL is willing to give OAK and SD an extra 100mill like it's them being generous? Jerks.

However, this does finally signal the end of generous publicly funded stadiums down the road. Nowhere else for NFL to expand to. That threat is gone after this. So thankfully the little guy will shoulder less of the $$ burden for millionaires and billionaires. Especially with research seemingly showing that an NFL team isn't the big money deal for a city people used to think.

Back