Lesson learned: Packers will not go to the Super Bowl

Also, the Holmgren/Wolf combo was only together for seven years, and they at least got to the SB a second time.

So now getting to the Super Bowl is enough for you? sp)

rofl( That works!

The more we all disagree with each other, the more we have to talk about, and compare. We're fortunate that we don't all agree with each other on every issue. If we did, and if we didn't all post our own thoughts, there wouldn't be any reason to be here. I've learned a lot from posters. Their views, and their opinions, all help to make us all better at understanding both the game, and fans.

rofl( That works!

The more we all disagree with each other, the more we have to talk about, and compare. We're fortunate that we don't all agree with each other on every issue. If we did, and if we didn't all post our own thoughts, there wouldn't be any reason to be here. I've learned a lot from posters. Their views, and their opinions, all help to make us all better at understanding both the game, and fans.
I used to argue with Half empty all the time over making the playoffs and he argued that wasn't good enough. He wanted Championships or nothing so I had to give him a little crap for using my argument against me.

Reactions: TW
I know some people don't like McGinn, but I've always thought that in the past he was pretty fair. You need to look no further than the article we are discussing here - he points out at the beginning that his predictions the previous 3 years were rosier than the team actually played and he's predicted Super Bowls for this team in those years, so it's not like he's always been negative. That seems to get lost on those occasions when he does.

Now, he definitely seems to have taken a more "Debbie Downer" attitude this year, but I'll let the season unfold and see if he's balanced and fair when he needs to be.

I used to argue with Half empty all the time over making the playoffs and he argued that wasn't good enough. He wanted Championships or nothing so I had to give him a little crap for using my argument against me.

I had to laugh when I read your original post. I knew exactly what you were doing. Having been around here awhile, I bet Half Empty found it funny too. Well played sir!

I had to laugh when I read your original post. I knew exactly what you were doing. Having been around here awhile, I bet Half Empty found it funny too. Well played sir!
I'm sure he did. We get each other now and I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing me with his comment.

Back