Kaepernick Benched

SF got rid of Harbuagh.....

Kaep was never going to be a QB who could do it on his own. The coaches around him were important. They needed to be able to scheme for him to cover his deficiencies.

Current coaching staff in SF stinks. And the FO has done a bad job of keeping talent. Benching him is a desperation move by the HC.

He's all screwed up mechanically now too. He may be done as a starter.

Man a few years ago people were talking about a "dynasty" in San Fran. Young talented QB. Stud o-line. Top-10 defense. That went in the toilet in a hurry. I figured they would lose guys on defense and that the OL might get older and lose a guy or two, but I figured they'd at least have Kaep. Now, they have nothing and have to start over again.

Man a few years ago people were talking about a "dynasty" in San Fran. Young talented QB. Stud o-line. Top-10 defense. That went in the toilet in a hurry. I figured they would lose guys on defense and that the OL might get older and lose a guy or two, but I figured they'd at least have Kaep. Now, they have nothing and have to start over again.

Harbaugh deserved a lot of credit for that success... but Baalke thinks it was all him. Until Baalke is out SF is in for a rough time.

yep. as much as i disliked him, he is a true genius of a coach. and when sf pushed him out the door, they destroyed the team. look how many players decided to retire or move to another team when he was kicked out. that speaks volumes. the guy they replaced him with (tomsula) is in way over his head.

Cutting him after the season saves over $88 million over the next 4 years.

I thought they'd end up trading him yesterday. But I think like GBP said they save a lot of $$ by cutting him after the season.

With dead mobey and guarantee structure is closer to $60 million and that's assuming he plays out length of contract

Back