'It's not easy'

I started really noticing that "calmness" and "confidence" out on the field during the 2011 season. As the undefeated win column increased from 10 to 11, 12 and 13, Aaron slowed down his game almost as if he was in slow motion. I recall it being at the time when he changed his helmet and looked awkward like the Great Gazoo.
At that time he and the team had a swagger like I hadn't seen since the 1997 season with Brett Favre.

But yeah, I enjoyed the interview. Reminds me of how intelligent our team leader is, and how well he prepares during the week before game day.

Whenever you watch or listen to Arod, his intelligence just shines through. To me, he's also more cocksure than cocky. As in "perfectly sure or certain; completely confident in one's own mind", rather than "having or showing confidence in a way that is annoying to other people". I sorta understand why some people interpret it different.

WRs and RBs play "sexy" positions with plenty of opportunities to get on the highlight tape. But I've long thought the OL is more important than either. Arod seems to agree. I even think we would've been fine last year if it weren't for injuries to our OTs, even considering the sub-par receiving options and Fat Eddie.

Whenever you watch or listen to Arod, his intelligence just shines through. To me, he's also more cocksure than cocky. As in "perfectly sure or certain; completely confident in one's own mind", rather than "having or showing confidence in a way that is annoying to other people". I sorta understand why some people interpret it different.

WRs and RBs play "sexy" positions with plenty of opportunities to get on the highlight tape. But I've long thought the OL is more important than either. Arod seems to agree. I even think we would've been fine last year if it weren't for injuries to our OTs, even considering the sub-par receiving options and Fat Eddie.

I agree. The injuries to our O line last year was a bigger contributing factor to our offensive struggles than anything else. When we had all of our O line starters back in AZ we damn near won that game with only 3 WRs and a slow Eddie.

Back