It IS Jordan Love Time !!

Doubt it because
Could a condition of Rodgers being traded be that he participate in all pre-season activities (except possibly pre-season games) considering the NFL rules about non-mandatory practices ? I ask because of his bad track record along those lines, and that condition would make him more tradeable (IMO).
I doubt Arod would ever agree to that. And I believe he has veto authority over trades…

Doubt it because

I doubt Arod would ever agree to that. And I believe he has veto authority over trades…
Even if he didn't specifically have veto power over a trade, in a way, he still does. All he'd have to say is that if they plan on trading him to a specific team, he'll choose to retire, instead of moving on. He's got them over a barrel on it, no matter what they try to do. It's pretty much his decision.

Supposing that...

(1) AR decides he still wants to play football
(2) It is made clear to him that Love will be the starter

Under those circumstances could a potential trade team which was acceptable to AR, impose the preseason conditions from my original question ?

Supposing that...

(1) AR decides he still wants to play football
(2) It is made clear to him that Love will be the starter

Under those circumstances could a potential trade team which was acceptable to AR, impose the preseason conditions from my original question ?
No, remember teams have to follow CBA rules, you can't "make them" do stuff like that anymore unless they get $$$

No, remember teams have to follow CBA rules, you can't "make them" do stuff like that anymore unless they get $$$
Yeah exactly. They would be trading for him under his current deal. Maybe they re-do the whole thing after a trade and can work that language in but I doubt he would go for it. Not to say he wouldn't do it for a new team, but they can't force him.

It was a very interesting article. I am sure there is a lot of truth to most of it but I am sure there is also some untruths.

Having said that, I am ready to move on from AR. We do not have any better chance to win a SB with AR at this point since father time has won once again.

I am super interested to see Jordan Love play and see what he can actually do against defenses that scheme against him and also how ML does with a young QB that supposedly runs his plays.

Fingers crossed. FCC(

I know a bunch of us read this article a long time ago, but for anyone who hasn't, it's a glimpse into what this young man dealt with at a young age. I'm sure pulling for him. :)

Last edited:
Back