It IS Jordan Love Time !!

he is hitting so many targets. especially the final 10 games of the season.
What's happened, and I talked about it before it did, is the passes are coming out now, before the receivers even make their cut. Most of the Packers routes are timing routes, and designed to be thrown to a specific area on the field.

The receivers are making those cuts, and getting to their spots, and Love trusts them more, to be there. It's all about the shared confidence between them.

The trade up was a big bugaboo at the time and lasted for a couple years, but ultimately it doesn't matter. In theory they could've used that 4th to move up in the 2nd round for a WR, but considering they really liked Chase Claypool, Michael Pittman (who has actually turned out decent) and Denzel Mims, it's a blessing they weren't able to do it.

Crazy stuff going on in Green Bay.

I admit, I wasn't happy with the Jordan Love pick - mostly the fact of trading up and taking him in the first round when we were pretty close and possibly a couple of impact players could have got us to the promised land.

However, Jordan Love has been pretty good all year and pretty damn good lately. I think he's a keeper, and his agent is licking his chops to bend Gute over the barrel.

But, based on 1 season and a wonderful victory over the Cowboys do we want to immediately enter cap hell again? it's a legit question.

I think Love is going to get a huge contract this off season and he probably deserves it. But how will we keep the pieces around him that are making this work if we give him the big deal? Can Love carry the team without all the wonderful young guys tearing it up?

Hell, if Love leads the Pack to victory over the 9ers, can we even afford him with Bak's salary?

Honestly, these are good problems to have.

But, based on 1 season and a wonderful victory over the Cowboys do we want to immediately enter cap hell again? it's a legit question.
i brought this up in shout yesterday and got squashed. it truly is a legit question. tie up $50 million a year in the qb, and we are right back where we were in terms of being able to afford the supporting cast that we need to be successful. the good news is that we have at least a three year window with so many of those other players still on their rookie deals.

i brought this up in shout yesterday and got squashed. it truly is a legit question. tie up $50 million a year in the qb, and we are right back where we were in terms of being able to afford the supporting cast that we need to be successful. the good news is that we have at least a three year window with so many of those other players still on their rookie deals.
price of having a good QB. Rather be tying up up $50 million in a good QB then be like the Bears discussing if they should keep and pay fields or dump him and restart the clock on a rookie QB.

Time, development and unfortunately injury will sort out the "afford young talent question." There is no question about signing Love, they absolutely have to do it. The cap will continue to go up, the question is not about Love, it's more about other high cap guys like DB, Jones, Clark, Jaire in the coming few years.

Frankly the Love contract - even large as it will be - should be relatively team friendly in length. The cap hell situation happens when you have the largest QB extension in history but given over 3 years. That creates the cap smash.

Back