Is this McCarthy's Last Year?

Thanks Pack as I couldn't recall exactly.

Haven't really talked about Cobb much myself. But here is another player that doesn't seem the same also. And again another player that MM doesn't seem to fully utilize. Cobb was a multi role and use player coming out. Of course when MM does decide to use those skills such as running the ball it's at the worst time and Defense sees it coming. FP(

Thanks Pack as I couldn't recall exactly.

Haven't really talked about Cobb much myself. But here is another player that doesn't seem the same also. And again another player that MM doesn't seem to fully utilize. Cobb was a multi role and use player coming out. Of course when MM does decide to use those skills such as running the ball it's at the worst time and Defense sees it coming. FP(

Disagree on Cobb. He made his money underneath with YAC a and was very good on scramble drills. You are not going to be running him on a jet sweep or end around. He not particularly fast.

True, but was just using that as an example.

When was the last time we saw a reverse or double reverse??? Of course need speed players to pull that off and like you said we don't have that currently

Hard to do with 8 in the box and no one who runs faster than 4.5

Janis and Davis are fast straight ahead but wouldn't call either quick. Davis seems like a bit of a long strider. The RB kid we just cut seemed like the perfect fit for stuff like this but MM wants none of that. Maybe Spiller if they can sign him?

Janis and Davis are fast straight ahead but wouldn't call either quick. Davis seems like a bit of a long strider. The RB kid we just cut seemed like the perfect fit for stuff like this but MM wants none of that. Maybe Spiller if they can sign him?

Spiller is 29 years old don't know how much he has left plus they say he struggles to pick up new offenses

Speeds of our WRs

It's broken down to the 10, 20, & 40 yard speeds

Trevor Davis ---------1.51, 2.57, 4.42
Randall Cobb ---------1.56, 2.53, 4.46
Jordy Nelson ----------1.57, 2.64, 4.51
Jared Abbrederis -----1.60, 2.59, 4.50
Jeff Janis --------------1.55, 2.60, 4.42
Davante Adams -------1.64, 2.68, 4.51
Ty Montgomery -------1.59, 2.64, 4.55

All these guys have run 40s in the 4.40 range.

They may not be 4.30 speed players but when you go under 4.40, most of those guys are fleas. They are fast, but they can't hand fight for a ball, make back shoulder catches, nor muscle through a route because of their size. Calvin Johnson was the rare exception of size and speed. He was 1.52, 2.53, 4.35. At 6-5, 240#, he was huge.

Antonio Brown, 5-10, 181#, 1.56, 2.61, 4.48, Odell Beckham, Jr., 5-11, 188#, 1.50, 2.26, 4.43, Julio Jones, 6-3, 220#, 1.53, 2.54, 4.42. The top three in the game today.

I don't think we lack speed. We're fine. What we need is more deception in routes, and work those areas of the field that are vulnerable instead of believing we can air it out for 40+ every time.

Nice work TW. However your numbers on Nelson and Janis are just a hair off.

Overall 40 times for the most part aren't as important as speed, explosion, and first step.

Back