Is Mark Cuban's 'hogs get slaughtered' comment about NFL becoming true?

I think he may be right. It's nearing the point of saturation.

Its a good article and something to think about and keep an eye on. I was thinking that it might be matter of perception because as I got older, I was able to seek out more and more info on the NFL goings on compared to when I was younger when the only thing Packer related, or NFL related, I observed was an Old Style Packers team poster where I tried to memorize each players name and number. That was the extent of my world's Packers coverage. I might even order a book about an NFL player from the Weekly Reader in my school or go to the library and read a book about Unitas, Starr, etc. but the NFL is now 12 months a year. It's a little overwhelming at times with the bevy of news outlets at our fingertips and frankly, once the season ends, I take a few months break from even talking about it. I'll start to really follow again around training camp unless some big news splash happens. I love the Packers and the NFL. Always

The entire sports landscape is nearing a tipping point. And in some aspects college sports. Media rights fees are out of control. But the Catch 22 is all networks are dying for content and sports in general drive big viewership numbers especially live sports. So networks are forced to fork over the $$$

I wonder if it's as simple as, people are watching less and less live TV overall, and though it looked like football was immune for a while, they're proving not to be.

I wonder if it's as simple as, people are watching less and less live TV overall, and though it looked like football was immune for a while, they're proving not to be.

You made me curious. I like that! So, I went to the marketing charts to see what we're doing in relation to TV over the last several years. It was very interesting. Younger people have lowered their viewing time, while middle aged people stayed about the same. When it came to older people, they watch a little more compared to the past.

It doesn't show the question about sports, but it does have a tell on viewing habits in the process.

One thing that I wondered.... since young people are not watching TV so much, what's the reasoning? I came to the conclusion that texting, watching music videos and neat stuff on YouTube may be their alternative. Just guessing here, but it would make sense.

Watching TV

Back