Injuries in Green Bay

Dubz41

Reaction score
Just read an article about the development of QBs in the NFL. Got me thinking about our QB situation and all the sudden the puzzle came into focus. We've always felt we suffer more injuries than the rest of the league, but that is not true and the facts back this up. What I propose is that injuries hurt us MORE. I know we had the 'next man up' thing going when we won the Super Bowl, but that was early in the current regime when schemes were still new and fairly uncomplicated. Now that MM, Capers have had more time to pile more onto their unique systems so they can strut about and brag that their 'system' is complex and needs veterans to understand and run it. Baloney! Their systems have become overly complex and we cannot plug and play younger players into the convoluted matrix they have created. So after a decade of MM and TT we are at a place where we believe in draft and develop for a system that needs seasoned vets to run it. A very fragile environment and bogs down EVERY time there is an injury.
MM and TT are not compatible anymore. Their philosophies are divergent and they continue to get farther apart each year. Either TT needs to trade draft picks to acquire vets for MM or MM needs to fire his DC and simplify that side of the ball. Murphy could fix it all by encouraging one or all three (TT, MM and Capers) to retire or resign. Irreconcilable differences. There is no WIN at the end of the path we are on. Ironic or moronic, you can choose, but something has to give.

It's hard to disagree with what you said. It's played out year after year, exactly as you stated. It's actually become the "excuse" for not producing championships. It's their "fall back plan," which has worked quite well on both upper management, the board, and way too many fans, who have no idea that having a great record, without winning big games, doesn't make you a winner, just another also-ran.

As far as the Capers defense goes, it's no longer viable at any level. I compare how he plays his personnel to other teams who employ the 3-4, and it's not even close to the same concept of play. Even the defensive linemen are different in their capability. We cannot generate a pass rush with three men, and rarely can, even with a blitz. We have no push up front.

It's probably time for both to leave. We need a make-over.

Back