In GB for the last three days

TW

Reaction score
I spent the last three days in GB. The landscape of the Packer empire is changing rapidly. So much ground being broken for new businesses.

They're holding a job fair for work at the Packer Tailgate. I guess they saw so many hotels/motels, and travel services holding them, and figured they needed to get some of that money. Based on a comment made to me by someone who has a piece of one of the local hotels, they're kicking them all in the groin. They aren't satisfied with 90% of the pie, they want that last 10% as well, and will do anything to get it.

Stayed at Tundra Lodge. It used to be the #1 place in town. It's now #2, behind Kohler Lodge. As soon as the Packers get their new place up, it will be #3. As far as the Tundra restaurant, it isn't even one star. The worst breakfast we've ever had in GB, and the worst dinners as well. Imagine ordering a steak with a baked potato, and it showing up being half fat, the potato wrapped in tin foil, and cold, and absolutely no butter or sour cream. When I asked about chives, the waitress said; "What's that?" The potato wasn't even fully cooked. It had a raw center. My wife had chicken Alfredo. She took three bites and said she he wouldn't eat any more. It nauseated her. Our bill for the meal, with our son, and grandson, $95, plus tax. Adding to it, there were only 8 people in the restaurant beyond us, and it took them 45 minutes to start serving us!

We also ate at the 1919 at Lambeau Field. The names of the food was upscale, but the treatment of it was low brow, and pretty much crap.

The one thing that was good was the wait staff. They were tremendous in both restaurants. They aren't the ones who cooked the food, or chose the menu, or raw products.

As far as the Pro Shop, the prices have gotten way too stiff. Things are expanding, and there's always a sucker born every minute, so they'll continue to rake in the dough. But, some day, people are going to quit buying what they offer, from clothing to game tickets, at overly inflated prices.

Next time you're in Green Bay, let me know and we'll grab lunch!

Reactions: TW
Definitely! I'm looking forward to it.

But, some day, people are going to quit buying what they offer, from clothing to game tickets, at overly inflated prices.

I started saying this about 25 years ago when ticket prices started increasing to pay the huge salaries but nothing has changed. The stadium is still packed full of people wearing NFL merchandise. The season ticket waiting list is still over 100,000 deep.

In 2010 I went to the Giants game on December 26th. I sat 25 rows up on the 50 yard line and paid $82 per ticket. Those same tickets today are $129.

Back