I'm a Believer!

Bagders beat Penn State and they leap Michigan. Michigan has lost 2 of the last 3 games. Wisconsin will have a 7 game win streak.

There is no way the committee takes 2 B1G teams that are both not the conference champion.

Bagders beat Penn State and they leap Michigan. Michigan has lost 2 of the last 3 games. Wisconsin will have a 7 game win streak.

There is no way the committee takes 2 B1G teams that are both not the conference champion.

I'm not convinced uw Lee as Michigan. The committee chair was asked how close Penn State was to OSU and the answer was "not waves close". The week prior he was clear the big discussion was slots 2-6...Wisconsin at the time was 7'. Tea leaves tell me there is a big gap between 5-6 and to close that gap UW needs style points Saturday

As much as I'm a Badger fan I just can't see us in the final 4 even and I think we will beat PS. We just don't have the complete team needed to get there. Our defense is equal IMO to any of the teams ahead of us but I have to say I don't think we even have a top 20 offense. If our offense played our defense they wouldn't score. Sad but pretty much fact. I think we can compete in any bowl game and make a hell of a showing but the selection committee knows we are short handed on one side of the ball. Go Bucky and Go Bart

I will have to add though if Washington and Clemson both lost and WI wins it will make for an interesting selection process and a lot of banter.

I'm not convinced uw Lee as Michigan. The committee chair was asked how close Penn State was to OSU and the answer was "not waves close". The week prior he was clear the big discussion was slots 2-6...Wisconsin at the time was 7'. Tea leaves tell me there is a big gap between 5-6 and to close that gap UW needs style points Saturday

I'm not saying Wisconsin gets in or necessarily deserves it at this point. Just saying that Michigan does not deserve to get in ahead of Wisconsin with 2 losses in the last 3 games and not wining their conference. I think it would completely de-legitimize the Playoff system to put two teams in the playoff that didn't win their own conference. I agree that Wisconsin needs 'Style' points to have a chance but an win with either a Clemson or Washington loss should also be enough.

I'm not saying Wisconsin gets in or necessarily deserves it at this point. Just saying that Michigan does not deserve to get in ahead of Wisconsin with 2 losses in the last 3 games and not wining their conference. I think it would completely de-legitimize the Playoff system to put two teams in the playoff that didn't win their own conference. I agree that Wisconsin needs 'Style' points to have a chance but an win with either a Clemson or Washington loss should also be enough.
Michigan has a better resume to get in if Washington loses even with Wisconsin winning. Sure they lost 2 out of last 3 but one was to #2 on the road in overtime. They destroyed PSU, beat Colorado and head to head beat Wisconsin. If winning a conference is the criteria Oklahoma deserves to be in the conversation. The playoffs were created to get the best 4 teams in. Yes championships are important but only one of the criteria

Should Bucky take the B1G title, they'll finish ahead of Michigan, even if it just means the swap spots.

We'd have the conference, and one more win. That alone should sway the committee. Plus we didn't lose to an unranked team and look like total garbage doing so.

Michigan has a better resume to get in if Washington loses even with Wisconsin winning. Sure they lost 2 out of last 3 but one was to #2 on the road in overtime. They destroyed PSU, beat Colorado and head to head beat Wisconsin. If winning a conference is the criteria Oklahoma deserves to be in the conversation. The playoffs were created to get the best 4 teams in. Yes championships are important but only one of the criteria

Michigan struggled with MSU at home. Wisconsin destroyed them. Michigan lost to Iowa on the road. Wisconsin handled them quite well. Wisconsin lost to Michigan head to head but it was very early in the year and it was on the road. Yes we lost to OSU at home but we've played more teams with a winning record and finished with the same record. If we beat PSU we will have a much better resume.

Wisconsin's Big Ten opponents have 61 total wins.
Michigan's Big Ten opponents have 56 total wins.

Last edited:
Michigan struggled with MSU at home. Wisconsin destroyed them. Michigan lost to Iowa on the road. Wisconsin handled them quite well. Wisconsin lost to Michigan head to head but it was very early in the year and it was on the road. Yes we lost to OSU at home but we've played more teams with a winning record and finished with the same record. If we beat PSU we will have a much better resume.
And Wisconsin needed a LATE TD to best Georgia State. Michigan beat well destroyed Penn State. And best Colorado to Head crap all day.

We can play this comparison thing all day. This is not like a March Madness selection process where RPI is a factor and last few played is a factor. If you really want to get picky should oklahoma state be screwed for its loss where the ref made a a major mistake on the last play.? They best oklahoma and they are a one loss conference champion

In recent history the committee has put in 4 best teams based on resume and eye test. Personally if Wisconsin played Michigan 10 times Michigan wins 7.

And truth told I would rather play OSU than ementionalMichigan right now. You can make OSU one dementional. Not so much Michigan you can run the ball on OSU. Not so much Michigan

Back