If someone told you before the draft that we'd do what we did...

I was one who would have preferred Brown over Randall.. We also should follow Raji/Guion vs Brown as well. I'm sure TT thinks NT is set with those 2. If they tank and Brown ends up a ROY candidate then i'll be pissed. But if Randall ends up a starter with a great season it's all good.
I think there is only a very slim chance Randall starts and only happens if due to injury. I think Rollins could even out play him in TC and move ahead of him on the depth chart making Randall the 5th CB who only sees ST duties.

I think there is only a very slim chance Randall starts and only happens if due to injury. I think Rollins could even out play him in TC and move ahead of him on the depth chart making Randall the 5th CB who only sees ST duties.

I think Randall is going to be the better of the 2 in the end. IMO DR is the better athlete.

Can't put lipstick on a pig. This was a very average group. The top 2 guys at QB will be ok as dime and special teams guys but they are not ready. You don't use a 3rd round pick On a guy who will see the majority of his time returning kicks. Ryan at #4 will be solid, best pick

Hundley ? Bad enough taking him but to trade up?

I'm underwhelmed

I don't think this was the greatest draft class in a number of years going in to it, frankly. Most of the draft gurus were saying only 20 or so of these kids were truly first round quality players so with us drafting at #30 I wasn't expecting us to nab a real stud unless we could've traded up but I suspect we couldn't find a trade partner.

Can't put lipstick on a pig. This was a very average group. The top 2 guys at QB will be ok as dime and special teams guys but they are not ready. You don't use a 3rd round pick On a guy who will see the majority of his time returning kicks. Ryan at #4 will be solid, best pick

Hundley ? Bad enough taking him but to trade up?

I'm underwhelmed

Hundley probably bothers me the most. Not necessarily that we drafted him - a competent backup has value. But trading up? Really? This is a guy that quite possibly will only ever be asked to take a knee or handoff. The only saving grace here will be if we trade him away in a year or two for more than what we paid. I still don't understand trading up for him though.

I think the biggest reason so many aren't enamored with this draft is because of what we felt was the #1 huge need = ILB. Most of the 'experts' and fans were certain Ted was going to address this position early on and perhaps even double dip. But looking back at how it all went down it is evident the fellas in the war room at 1265 felt the secondary and improving our special teams were the bigger issues facing the ball club.

I didn't care one bit that they didn't take an ILB until the 4th. I just thought the two CB's were not suited for what they wanted them to do or better suited for other things might be a better way to say it.

Antonio Freeman was drafted in the 3rd round years ago by Wolf and he was a kick return guy who looked to just be a returner. I saw him prior to the season and you could see how smooth he was at WR. I hope Montgomery offers something in the way of production on offense not just as a PR. A lot of times as a KR you don't even get to return it and you start at the 20 so his value is diminished by the new KO rules right out of the gate. A 3rd rounder on a team with more holes than national guys seem to see seems ridiculous to use on a returner.

TT seems like a guy who drafts often based on need not BPA and I hate that. I refuse to believe Damarious Randall as a CB was the the best player available at that moment. The Malcolm Brown thing keeps coming up and it should. Our DL is really awful if you look at the group top to bottom. Daniels is the only good one of the group. I truly think TT was gun shy on selecting another bust DT as he's failed so often when taking them... Harrell, Raji (turned into a bust), Thornton, the trade up for Worthy that blew up in his face and the underperfoming Datone Jones. He can't seem to effectively draft that position and I'm sure he's well aware of his past errors.

It just kills me to think how bad our D is when using 9 of 11 1st round picks on it. Rodgers is a HOF QB that is hamstrung by an incapable defense. Our O is more than good enough to be winning rings every couple of seasons. To think we might end the Rodgers era with one SB appearance due to our listless defense considering all the resources dumped into it is very disappointing.

I don't think this was the greatest draft class in a number of years going in to it, frankly. Most of the draft gurus were saying only 20 or so of these kids were truly first round quality players so with us drafting at #30 I wasn't expecting us to nab a real stud unless we could've traded up but I suspect we couldn't find a trade partner.

yes, but that's all the more reason to grab one of those "20 or so" when they fall in your lap.

I didn't care one bit that they didn't take an ILB until the 4th. I just thought the two CB's were not suited for what they wanted them to do or better suited for other things might be a better way to say it.

Antonio Freeman was drafted in the 3rd round years ago by Wolf and he was a kick return guy who looked to just be a returner. I saw him prior to the season and you could see how smooth he was at WR. I hope Montgomery offers something in the way of production on offense not just as a PR. A lot of times as a KR you don't even get to return it and you start at the 20 so his value is diminished by the new KO rules right out of the gate. A 3rd rounder on a team with more holes than national guys seem to see seems ridiculous to use on a returner.

TT seems like a guy who drafts often based on need not BPA and I hate that. I refuse to believe Damarious Randall as a CB was the the best player available at that moment. The Malcolm Brown thing keeps coming up and it should. Our DL is really awful if you look at the group top to bottom. Daniels is the only good one of the group. I truly think TT was gun shy on selecting another bust DT as he's failed so often when taking them... Harrell, Raji (turned into a bust), Thornton, the trade up for Worthy that blew up in his face and the underperfoming Datone Jones. He can't seem to effectively draft that position and I'm sure he's well aware of his past errors.

It just kills me to think how bad our D is when using 9 of 11 1st round picks on it. Rodgers is a HOF QB that is hamstrung by an incapable defense. Our O is more than good enough to be winning rings every couple of seasons. To think we might end the Rodgers era with one SB appearance due to our listless defense considering all the resources dumped into it is very disappointing.

CLP)gp((

Hundley probably bothers me the most. Not necessarily that we drafted him - a competent backup has value. But trading up? Really? This is a guy that quite possibly will only ever be asked to take a knee or handoff. The only saving grace here will be if we trade him away in a year or two for more than what we paid. I still don't understand trading up for him though.

We only gave up a 7th when we traded up, so I don't think it is a big deal at all.

We only gave up a 7th when we traded up, so I don't think it is a big deal at all.

Some notable 7th rounders in Green Bay:

Jeff Janis
Sam Barrington
Ryan Taylor
CJ Wilson
Brad Jones
Matt Flynn
------------
Scott Wells
Mark Tauscher
Donald Driver

Our org seems to be about as good hitting on their 7th's as they are their 1st's.

I would've preferred another swing at a late round guy as opposed to a trade up for Hundley. If I'm Aaron Rodgers, I'm mystified not that they grabbed a developmental QB, but they traded up 20 spots to do it. Only 7 QB's got drafted... I would've preferred Connor Halliday in the 7th to trading up for Hundley in the 5th.

Back