Ice Fishing because Packers are not in the playoffs.

UWSP 88

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Thread starter #1
IMG_0252 (2).JPG
Took my son out for couple hours, had about eight flags and we through back more than we kept. Nice evening on the ice.

UWSP 88

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Thread starter #4
jan 20 fish.jpg
Good afternoon, saw a coworkers really nice on the ice, had FF tonight.

TW

Love those cold water pan fish during the winter. There's nothing better. If there's one thing that I miss most, it's fishing in northern Wisconsin. Down here, in Texas, it's just not the same.

That said, going fishing on Lake Travis (Austin), in March. A week, around St. Patrick's Day.

UWSP 88

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Thread starter #6
Went out for a bit today with my son, sort of slow with most being smallish. Still fun to be on the ice with the temps above freezing.

UWSP 88

Draft Guru
2018 Draft Guru
Thread starter #7
Took my son and a friend of his out today warm but windy, fish turned on around 1:30 to 2:30 then stopped.
jan 27.jpg

eyecatcher

We have crap ice conditions down here in southwest Michigan. Too many days in the 50's and too much rain. It's supposed to stay cold for a few days before the lake effect snow kicks in so maybe I'll be able to get out again soon.

eyecatcher

Finally made it out yesterday. The lake had spots with 1.5 feet of snow and other spots with 6-10 inches of slush. Sloppy wet walk out to my spot but ended up catching a nice limit of bluegills. I started cleaning before I remembered to take a picture. Biggest were just over 9". Smallest was 7" Bluegills.jpg

TW

I'd give my left nut for a nice batch of pan fish like that right now. This is the biggest thing I miss from up North. I can get my games on TV, but can't get that kind of fish.

We always scale them, gut them, and freeze them in coffee cans. Then we do the final cleaning when we're ready to throw them in the cast iron skillet to fry. Gawd! I miss them. You guys are killing me!!!!! But, I like it!