How to start a rumor

TW

Reaction score
Let's assume the Packers fall flat on their face looking for a solid back up for Rodgers, in 2018. No matter what, they obviously shouldn't be as dumb as they have been. Would they look for an experienced free agent QB who could fill the need?

Maybe... just maybe... they would find themselves in a position where they could lure Tony Romo out of retirement, and into camp, to see what he still has. Would this be a good move, or a bad one? Rumor has it, despite being out of the game, he's privately thinking about coming back in 2018, if the chance presented itself.

Of course, if they signed Romo, it would be to a 1 year contract. Yet, the fact that he could play as a Packer might just be enough of a lure to Green Bay.

Just shooting from the hip here. I just don't see the Packers going into another year so horribly exposed at the position.

We can call this "unsubstantiated rumor #1." coffee(

I don't see them going into 2018 exposed like they were this year either but I don't see Tony Romo wanting to come back as a back-up QB. If he is coming back it's to start somewhere.

What the heck, if you can get Romo to come out of retirement to take a back-up job for reasonable money, I'm all in. I just don't know if Romo wants to come back to sit on the bench all season.

I'm with Mark, just draft one. I'm not in favor of using a first round pick on one, but there always seems to be one guy every year that ends up being a competent (or better) QB that is drafted after Rd1. Time for TT and the scouts to earn their money and find that guy this year.

Heck, I think Taysom Hill could have been a more competent QB than Hundley and he went undrafted.

The problem is i dont think they think they left themselves exposed... MM believes Hundley is the guy...

That being said... I agree with drafting his future replacement now.

The problem is i dont think they think they left themselves exposed... MM believes Hundley is the guy...

Then, can we 'start a rumor' that McKnothead and Dead Head Ted are leaving?

Anybody that has watched this debacle and thinks everything is fine needs to go.

How about signing Davante to an extension?
That was a good move. Trying to think of defensive players that we would like to be extended. Can't think of any at the moment. Am I being too uptight about the defense?

That was a good move. Trying to think of defensive players that we would like to be extended. Can't think of any at the moment. Am I being too uptight about the defense?

I think signing Ha Ha might be a choice he has had down year and might help get him cheaper then if he has come back year next year and have to pay him even more then.

Actually, this was tongue-in-cheek because the extension had already been announced but wasn't posted here, so I 'started the rumor'. :)

Back