Heading Forward, what to do?

However, isn't most of that what we've been saying for some time? If one cut-and-pasted the article and posted it in most of the forums I frequent, it would get, in addition to a lot of agreement, a fair number of Captain Obvious awards.

Ha Ha you can put off a choice for 1 more year. He has 5th year option so can play next year under that. He struggles again then you have choice if you want him long term. Probably do but could perhaps get him at cheap price if he has another year like he has.

Some difficult decisions need to be made. It all needs to start with Capers being sent packing, and Moss NOT being offered the DC job. Someone from outside needs to come in.

Well, these are my opinions but they probably won't happen. Here goes:

Cut CMII- not worth the money
Cut Cobb- not consistent enough. Shows up every once in awhile but not enough
Jordy- Not sure about Jordy yet but he is definitely slowing down. Maybe a pay cut and see how how does with AR back.
Adams- I think you have to pay him and hope the concussions are not an issue. We have no one besides him.
Cut Richard Rodgers- Doesn't do anything.
RB- Seems solidified at this point. Can always get another back in later rounds if we want.
TE- Keep Kendricks for now but draft a TE somewhere. Not sure I would go high with this position.
OL- Resign Bulaga for cheap if he is willing; otherwise, let him go. I might resign Evans at guard for 1 more year. He was decent there. Unfortunately, we will have to draft fairly high at LT and draft another guard or center.
Ha Ha- I agree with GB4ever. 5th year option and see what you have.
Burnett- Is he a FA?
DL- Probably the strongest position which is not saying much. Need to keep drafting here.
ILB- Martinez is solid. I like him. Ryan is useless. We need to draft here again but TT will never pick high here.
OLB- Biggest need along with WR. We have absolutely no pass rush.
CB- We all know how crappy this position is. We can only hope King gets better and Randall grows up and actually can play a whole season. Draft again in 3rd round maybe 2nd if there is great talent there.

Finally, we all know Capers needs to go along with all D staff. Start anew and build from the outside. (though I doubt it will happen) It would be nice if TT and MM were gone too but we all know we are stuck with them at least until their contract s are done.

These are my Christmas wishes. FCC(

i think that's a little harsh cb. i think some of those defensive player opinions are incorrect because i think it is more capers defensive schemes than the players' inability to play. matthews is still a playmaker. ryan is better than you give him credit for. the secondary cannot be accurately judged because we have no pass rush. you can't cover receivers forever. given enough time, almost any receiver can get open. randall was getting some very high ratings from pff. rollins is the one who is useless.

i think that's a little harsh cb. i think some of those defensive player opinions are incorrect because i think it is more capers defensive schemes than the players' inability to play. matthews is still a playmaker. ryan is better than you give him credit for. the secondary cannot be accurately judged because we have no pass rush. you can't cover receivers forever. given enough time, almost any receiver can get open. randall was getting some very high ratings from pff. rollins is the one who is useless.

I think what CB's looking at age and cap space problems with so many of these guys. If you look at most of them, a lot of front money in the cap will need to go to them, to keep them in house. Are they worth the investment, or are you better off finding FAs, or draft picks, who can fill those slots well enough to make them expendable?

I've gone over this math myself, repeatedly, and find it hard to believe that new contracts with a ton of front money would be in the best interests of the team. As much as I like the guys, and would like to see them stay in Green Bay, it all comes back to the fact that the Packers could end up with new coaches, and even completely different defensive schemes, that can render some of these guys incapable of playing in the new spots. I always think about Aaron Kampmann when we talk about changes, and try to figure out how guys like Matthews fit in. Honestly, they don't.

I have a hunch we're going to lose several guys. They'll just let them walk away, and hope for a draft pick.

Ok, RB. I understand what you are saying.
I still would part ways with Matthews and Cobb. Both are getting pd a ton and not producing enough. TW is correct in that is what I was trying to communicate.

Ryan is a poor mans version of AJ Hawk, IMO. Nothing more. Randall is inconsistent and is always injured. King has really not shown anything yet. This is why we need to get a FA corner or draft one again. I agree that pressure would help our coverage but that is not the only issue. It is a combo between drafting crappy, letting go of some talented guys, and coaching.

So while I agree with some of the things you said, I don't think I am being harsh at all. I think I am holding coaches and players accountable which our coaches and BOD have failed to do.

I keep sifting through information, and comparing what the Pats do, and the Packers do. The Packers rarely use FAs. They opt for the draft, and development within. The Pats go for "best player" in the draft, regardless of position, then use excess players with talent to trade for draft picks, and pick up talented guys as FAs.

So, why do the Pats get these talented guys while the Packers don't, unless they offer more money? Because the players aren't that much interested in playing in Green Bay. They prefer New England, because there's more expectations of winning, and the possibility of a ring. Not so much true in GB.

But, without doubt, the only reason the Pats are better is because of coaching, and identification of FAs that can fill their weak spots, because the draft "best player."

As an example, in the upcoming draft. If they see a TE who is a can't miss NFL prospect, they'll take him, and develop him for a year, using him as their 2nd TE. Then they have the option of either parting with Gronk for a decent pick, or send the new guy out for a higher pick than they invested. It's their off-field game plan, and it works.

We need new creative minds on the defense. The same ole same ole is not working.

Back