He could have been stopped: How one pedophile kept coaching gymnastics

Discussion in 'All The Udder Stuff' started by Cheesedog, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
  2. wischeez

wischeez Moderator

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    :mad: Be glad he wasn't around my kids and I found out about his past. They would probably refer to him in the past tense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    The scariest part of this is the tendency of the parents/owners/coaches to not believe the kids, or to tell them to keep it quiet.

4. wischeez

wischeez Moderator

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    Yeah, don't know what's up with the parents there. If it was me, he would have seen the wrong end of a 9mm.

5. Cheesedog

Cheesedog Moderator

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    i'm not typically one to own a gun, but if that happened to my daughter?

6. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +831 / 11
    I understand how you guys feel, but in the end, using violence against the person would only harm your child more, by putting them in a position where they'd lose a father for a long time, possibly forever, because they'd be in prison. The idea that a jury would find a person innocent is pretty much hokum. They will find a person guilty, and sentence them to long terms in prison.

The situation will never be resolved unless people step up and file charges to stop predators from moving from place to place, and getting away with it. Too many people fear stepping up because they believe there's a stigma attached to doing it, as if they were guilty of allowing it to happen. That's not the case, but beliefs inside of us tend to make us do some dumb things at times.