Happ, Davison earn Big Ten postseason honors

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
For large swaths of the 2017-18 season it was the Ethan Happ show for the Wisconsin Badgers, and despite the struggles for the rest of the team, the junior did his best to attempt to get this team over the finish line. While the Badgers ended the regular season 9th in the Big Ten (7-11) and sit at just 14-17 overall heading in to the Big Ten tournament at Madison Square Garden, the media felt...

Source

Continue reading...

Both deserved the honors. I'm looking forward to next year.

Davison is going to need to get that shoulder fixed but man what a warrior.

Not sure how the coaches didn't reward Happ with a 1st team selection considering he led his team in steals, blocks, points, assists and rebounds. He was listed in top 10 in the B1G in most of these categories as well. Palmer Jr. wasn't even listed in any of the league leaders statistically other than he was 5th in PPG. I'd say that is a major snub by the coaches.

I think the team record, and the fact he still can't hit 50% of his free throws contributed to Happ not being first team. Next year, with team improvement, he's going to be have a shot at being Big 10 player of the year, and a first team All American.

It's about all I can see that was lacking with him to be honest.

Back