Green Bay's greatest position weakness is ?

Last year on one good leg he practically took this team to the SB except for a handful of screw-ups on defense and ST in that disaster in Seattle so I don't know if his legs are as big a part of his game as you seem to believe.
He's so effective getting outside the pocket and buys time. It's a big part of his game

Like him or not Finley had to be accounted for. He created space. As to the FA group I'm not impressed. As to the draft Hooper makes the most sense
After re reading this thread and the amount of angst we express about the TE position, I remember that we WON the Super Bowl after JMike went down with an injury. IIRC we stumbled for awhile until we redirected our offensive emphasis. ARod got hotter than a pistol and we won the playoff tournament sans our TE.

Hence, we don't need a difference maker at TE, but we do need someone faster and/or better at blocking than DickRod. IMO

After re reading this thread and the amount of angst we express about the TE position, I remember that we WON the Super Bowl after JMike went down with an injury. IIRC we stumbled for awhile until we redirected our offensive emphasis. ARod got hotter than a pistol and we won the playoff tournament sans our TE.

Hence, we don't need a difference maker at TE, but we do need someone faster and/or better at blocking than DickRod. IMO
That team also had Jennings Jones and Driver who all caught 85 + passes and took some pressure off the TE. This group of WR is not as talented.

That team also had Jennings Jones and Driver who all caught 85 + passes and took some pressure off the TE. This group of WR is not as talented.

With Jordy, Cobb, Adams and Ty back healthy this group can get it done with Abby and Janis bringing up the rear.

With Jordy, Cobb, Adams and Ty back healthy this group can get it done with Abby and Janis bringing up the rear.
Nelson and Cobb yes. Past that I'm not convinced

And don't forget the end of 2010 after Finley went down is also when Jordy really started coming on. Driver/Jennings/Jones/Nelson was a far more talented group than Nelson/Cobb/Adams/Ty is.

I'm not sold on Adams, need to see more from Ty.. Janis while showing potential I don't think is going to make a huge jump. And I'm afraid Abbey may just not be durable enough. But since TT and MM will not abandon any of their current WR, then yes TE is the most important need to help get this offense going.

We won't know for sure till September though.. Gonna be a long off season of wondering...

Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery is no worse than Jennings, Driver, Cobb, Jones

Jones was never great when he was with the Packers. Adams had as many or more catches in his second year (50) as James Jones had in any of his first 5.
Nelson has had some incredible years that are better statistically than Jennings or Driver.
Cobb has had several really good years too. As good as Jennings or Drivers better years.
Yes Monty is a relatively unknown but he sure looked good while in there. In 4 and 1/2 games he had 15 receptions on 18 targets.

Last year was awful for the WR group as far as injuries go and one has to hope it was an anomaly.

Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery is no worse than Jennings, Driver, Cobb, Jones

Jones was never great when he was with the Packers. Adams had as many or more catches in his second year (50) as James Jones had in any of his first 5.
Nelson has had some incredible years that are better statistically than Jennings or Driver.
Cobb has had several really good years too. As good as Jennings or Drivers better years.
Yes Monty is a relatively unknown but he sure looked good while in there. In 4 and 1/2 games he had 15 receptions on 18 targets.

Last year was awful for the WR group as far as injuries go and one has to hope it was an anomaly.

Adams also had more targets last year (93) than Jones ever had in his first 5 years (80, 30, 63, 87, 55).. Plus Jones had better YPC every one of those 5 years, better catch %, and more TD's on less targets.

We'll see how Adams bounces back. Don't have enough data on Adams to make a solid comparison yet. But that 2010 WR group was more talented than what we have right now IMHO.

Back